First oil change?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

First oil change?

This is a discussion on First oil change? within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hey guys. I know the manual says 600 miles until the first oil change but is anyone changing it early? If so how many miles? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Getbusylivin

Thread: First oil change?

This user has no status.

Member #

First oil change?

Hey guys. I know the manual says 600 miles until the first oil change but is anyone changing it early? If so how many miles? Thanks
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Don't overthink it. Change the oil around 600 then move on. I changed mine and cleaned the screen around 525 miles, but the jug and piston were also changed, along with a custom tune... between 525 miles and 2000 miles, I've cracked open the clutch cover for some troubleshooting and cleaned the screen a couple more times. I'll be changing the oil and check my valves soon.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    I noticed how much quieter the bike was after changing the oil the first time. I was just shy of 600 when I changed it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I just changed mine around 400. I wanted to do it sooner, but didn't get around to it. A small displacement engine that's constantly revving high is going to lead to a hard and fast break in and lots of metal shavings. And seeing all the gasket material and what I believe is sealant on my oil screen I definitely would advise to do it early and then again at 600 then again around 1,000 miles and then go to normal schedule if you're okay with the longish intervals.

Sponsored Links