Honda Grom Forum

How off is your speedo?

Thread: How off is your speedo?

Tags: None
  1. beatle said:

How off is your speedo?

I was under the impression that with the stock gearing, the speedo was pretty darn accurate. I put on a 14t front sprocket and went for a ride with a GPS to test. As I expected, the speedo was off and read high, but by about 9% and not 7% like I expected. I never measured the stock speedo with GPS, but I'm guessing it reads about 2% high. That's still pretty accurate, but not dead on like I expected.

FluxCapacitor said:
    When I'm in my speedo it's usually off a bit to the left.

How off is your speedo?-spedo.jpg

3. asume said:
    I never look at my speedo. I just WOT everywhere. Only time I know my speed is when I see those speed trap radars, but it tells me to slow down

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

5. mikochu said:
    Tire treadwear is a factor, too. The Koso DB03R allows you to punch in the current tire diameter to get a more accurate reading.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

6. beatle said:
    Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.

Honda monkey said:
    Quote Originally Posted by beatle View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.
    Very funny, cops won’t stop me. I ride like a supermoto hooligan. Sidewalks, parking lots, 15 mph over speed limit, they think it’s a scooter. WOT!!!!

8. Swampass said:
    I have a 14t front sprocket. 55mph indicated is 50mph using Waze.