How off is your speedo?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

How off is your speedo?

This is a discussion on How off is your speedo? within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; I was under the impression that with the stock gearing, the speedo was pretty darn accurate. I put on a 14t front sprocket and went ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How off is your speedo?

This user has no status.

Member #

How off is your speedo?

I was under the impression that with the stock gearing, the speedo was pretty darn accurate. I put on a 14t front sprocket and went for a ride with a GPS to test. As I expected, the speedo was off and read high, but by about 9% and not 7% like I expected. I never measured the stock speedo with GPS, but I'm guessing it reads about 2% high. That's still pretty accurate, but not dead on like I expected.

is between rain storms :-)

Member #
    Odometer
    When I'm in my speedo it's usually off a bit to the left.

How off is your speedo?-spedo.jpg
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I never look at my speedo. I just WOT everywhere. Only time I know my speed is when I see those speed trap radars, but it tells me to slow down
    Djezspin and T Monkey like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Tire treadwear is a factor, too. The Koso DB03R allows you to punch in the current tire diameter to get a more accurate reading.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by beatle View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never had a speeding ticket, but my goal is to get one on the Monkey.

I doubt I've done much to the tire diameter with just over 600 miles on the bike.
    Very funny, cops won’t stop me. I ride like a supermoto hooligan. Sidewalks, parking lots, 15 mph over speed limit, they think it’s a scooter. WOT!!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 14t front sprocket. 55mph indicated is 50mph using Waze.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Stock sprockets on my Grom. Speedometer is right on the money by GPS and a LEO friend's radar gun too. My KTM is off nearly 10%, but that is due to a screwy EU regulation.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    with my stock speed sensor, Takegawa 5 speed transmission, 16/32 sprocket setup, and 140/70-12 rear tire, every time I pass one of those electronic speed device near a school it shows 28-30mph when my gauge shows 25 and in residual area where the speed limit is 35mph and if they have a speed trap LED display if I go 35mph it shows 37-38mph.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    with my stock speed sensor, Takegawa 5 speed transmission, 16/32 sprocket setup, and 140/70-12 rear tire, every time I pass one of those electronic speed device near a school it shows 28-30mph when my gauge shows 25 and in residual area where the speed limit is 35mph and if they have a speed trap LED display if I go 35mph it shows 37-38mph.
    Those things pick you up??? How big are you Cisco! Because I have yet to see one tag me while riding past them, lol.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links