Takegawa std exhaust - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Takegawa std exhaust

This is a discussion on Takegawa std exhaust within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hi, I have what you would probably call a strange question about the Takegawa STD exhaust. How different is the muffler part from the stock ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Takegawa std exhaust

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi,

I have what you would probably call a strange question about the Takegawa STD exhaust.

How different is the muffler part from the stock muffler? Would I be able to fit the Takegawa muffler on the stock pipe and keep the cat?

Reason I'm asking is that removing the cat is not an option for me, could lead to my monkey getting impounded if they ever stop and check me. So I'm looking for an option to have a bit better sound but keep the cat and not go for a full system. I've been looking at the Yoshi RS3 slipon version but I would like to keep the stock look of the bike so that brought me to the Takegawa STD and got me thinking of chopping the muffler of the stock pipe and connecting the Takegawa muffler part only.

Now if the only difference between the stock pipe and the Takegawa is the downpipe then it won't amount to anything. Is the diameter of the pipe the same or is this already making it impossible?

Thoughts? Other exhaust options?

Thx,
    Stef.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The muffler is similar to the factory but is a larger diameter and more free flowing. Unfortunately I think the routing is off enough for that to not work. You are better off using a regular slip on exhaust then you should gut the cat. Either by cutting thepipe and drilling or chiseling the guts out or cutting the cat open and removing the internals. The cat makes a pretty significant change in performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links