Takegawa std exhaust - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Takegawa std exhaust

This is a discussion on Takegawa std exhaust within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Originally Posted by Madgrommer I used DHL and got it I'm 3 days. They just came into stock. Total cost was around 300$ shipped. Little ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Takegawa std exhaust

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgrommer View Post
    I used DHL and got it I'm 3 days. They just came into stock. Total cost was around 300$ shipped. Little expensive bit the only option I could find that increased ground clearance. I keep banging the stock pipe on the trails.
    Ordered tonight. $301.17 with the coupon. Thanks for the heads-up.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I received my Takegawa pipe from Japan yesterday, I have been waiting nearly 3 months since it was ordered, pipe cost me $490 AUD. plus $120 AUD for shipping, I still don’t have my Nebula Red Monkey, I have been waiting since mid Feb, dealer informed me yesterday that my bike will not be here till August now, Honda must been sending all the Red Monkeys to the other side of the world because in Australia you can get yellow, blue or black monkeys but not the red ones in Sydney.
    Last edited by DAVO; 05-01-2019 at 09:15 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by irsh View Post
    Ordered tonight. $301.17 with the coupon. Thanks for the heads-up.
    What coupon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Glad to see more people trying this out. It's definitely the quietest exhaust I've heard but that was a major thing I hated about my old 235cc grom soon as I put aftermarket exhaust I regretted it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mine finally came in. I dig it. Madgrommer's 1/10 vs. 3/10 is right on. The bike still sounds "friendly" but saves some weight, gives a nice little bump in sound, and provides some welcome ground clearance for a little off roading.

Stock exhaust is 9.3 lbs
    Takegawa is 4.7 lbs

That's only a 4.6 lb savings, and from one of the lowest parts of the bike, but I'll take it. Not sure if I notice much of a power increase, but perhaps it has an extra half hp or something.

Oh, the coupon is from when you create an account with Webike and they send you a 1000 yen coupon. Worth about $9. I opted for the DHL shipping and it got here super quick. Ordered on a Saturday night and had it on Tuesday.
    Last edited by beatle; 05-15-2019 at 05:59 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the sound clip, sounds pretty nice.

Still waiting on my HotLap Exhaust to arrive, if it doesn’t turn up soon I’ll be picking up one of these.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mine got a little bit louder sounding with some miles but barely. Having had dual AR pipes on a Grom I am definitely not going back.

I vented my airbox with some filter plugs like I did my OG Grom. Plus I put in a tb camshaft so my bike is running quite lean. Hoping to get a reflashed or do it myself with the power commander vision. I bet the mods will come together then.
    irsh likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgrommer View Post
    Mine got a little bit louder sounding with some miles but barely. Having had dual AR pipes on a Grom I am definitely not going back.

I vented my airbox with some filter plugs like I did my OG Grom. Plus I put in a tb camshaft so my bike is running quite lean. Hoping to get a reflashed or do it myself with the power commander vision. I bet the mods will come together then.
    The Vision looks like the ticket. Once they get a couple flashes between Stock and Full Yosh/Chimera I'll be more interested.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just reading about the Power Vision 3 myself, sounds interesting and a like the idea of being able to monitor parameters on the display

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am buying a PV3 for my Monkey from FuelMoto they have great tech support, I have the Takegawa performance stock exhaust and air filter element for the stk air box ready to fit on the monkey just have to deresrict the air box, I have been running a Dynojet PVCX flash tuner on my 2 Indian motorcycles the last 3 yrs with great results, the PV3 is the updated version of the PVCX flash tuner.
    Last edited by DAVO; 05-19-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links