Demographics of monkey owners
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Demographics of monkey owners within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; I know many of these smaller 125cc bikes are often considered beginner bikes but I think these bikes tend to attract folks who are trying ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Demographics of monkey owners

This user has no status.

Member #

I know many of these smaller 125cc bikes are often considered beginner bikes but I think these bikes tend to attract folks who are trying to get back to the roots of riding.

I've been riding 35 years. (30 street) I've owned everything from the Monkey to 160+ hp super bikes. I currently have 5 bikes and my monkey gets the most usage.

I commute, run errands, and hoon around on back roads with the Monkey. I love it.

this pic was before the tail lights and turn signals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Demographics of monkey owners-50276759_10218636384726707_4841236867753967616_n.jpg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    I hear ya man, 60 years old,50 years riding,12 bikes in the garage, including my original Mini Trail,and Sport 50,trail70s,trail90, vintage Triumph,BMWr100, bought new,750Ducati got new,4 Harley's,one I got new.. another words,a motorcycle junkie. as soon as I saw these things were coming here,it was over for me... waiting for the release like a punk kid...and trying to justify to my wife why I needed so bad.My point is they will sell as many of these to guys that grew up with little Honda's and the Z50..as new riders They really hit a home run with the styling, I kinda wanted a Grom,and was watching used for a good deal....but no way I could wait for the Monkey to be old enough to be used.It is lots of money for a little bike with limited capability...but that's why you need 12bikes..or a psychiatrist.🤣
    tooter, Swampass, mumdb1 and 2 others like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I currently have a 67 CL77 I am restoring, a 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 racer, a 2014 Kawasaki Concours, a 2019 Z900 ABS and the monkey. I might add the Supercub once its avail.
    Monkey Rider Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I rode dirt bikes, mini bikes and quads growing up, and when I turned 16 for a short time a CBR600 (till my folks found out). Looking back I only had the 600 to be a cool teenager, it wasn't very comfortable for me as a big guy and it honestly wasn't as fun as I thought. Fast forward to a few years back - late 30s with a family and kids and I still enjoyed my minibikes dirt bikes and quads and always rode them on the street around the neighborhood. Sadly, the cops weren't too impressed and I was too old to be running from them through the woods... So I started looking at bikes and figured I was a perfect candidate for a cruiser. I headed down to the local Harley dealer and took one for a spin... I remember sitting at a light thinking this isn't very fun keeping this beast upright. I settled on looking for a smaller duel sport, a scooter or a plated CT70 just to scratch the itch and ride around town legally. Maybe a week later Honda announced the Grom and I had a deposit down that day. I since have got a ruckus and now a Monkey. These little bikes are perfect for my needs, easy and cheap to work on and customize, fast enough to be fun but not fast enough to get me in (too much) trouble. The Monkey is my favorite!
    Last edited by Kacz; 03-13-2019 at 03:53 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ahhh, so much easier to justify my affliction with bikes when I read other people's stories!...Swamp,I sold off my CL,CB,And CA 77 collection about 5 years ago...all a blast to restore,and in the early 90s I could still find stuff pretty easy, you will have a riot on that CL! And that V7 racer is a gorgeous machine,buddy bought a 2016and loves it, and the I'm guessing your z900 Kawi is the root beer and orange..they were sitting rite next to my Monkey in the showroom..,so many bikes...so little time..or maybe it's so little money...

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm 54 like the others many bikes in the past. My other ride is 1200cc Triumph Trophy

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DollarBill View Post
    Ahhh, so much easier to justify my affliction with bikes when I read other people's stories!...Swamp,I sold off my CL,CB,And CA 77 collection about 5 years ago...all a blast to restore,and in the early 90s I could still find stuff pretty easy, you will have a riot on that CL! And that V7 racer is a gorgeous machine,buddy bought a 2016and loves it, and the I'm guessing your z900 Kawi is the root beer and orange..they were sitting rite next to my Monkey in the showroom..,so many bikes...so little time..or maybe it's so little money...

this is my second CL77. the first one was so much fun bringing back I went for another. My Z900 isn't the RS. It's the transformer looking one. I missed my KTM SUperduke 1290 and wanted something similar. While this bike makes 60 less HP it's also less than half the price. So it scratches that itch.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'll be 54 in 2 weeks. I started at age 8 on a Honda QA50 and have had just about every kind of bike from most every major manufacturer. Besides the Monkey I have a Super Tenere and just sold a DR650. My wife has a BMW F700GS and will be selling her Yamaha XT250 when her Monkey arrives.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    I'll be 54 in 2 weeks. I started at age 8 on a Honda QA50 and have had just about every kind of bike from most every major manufacturer. Besides the Monkey I have a Super Tenere and just sold a DR650. My wife has a BMW F700GS and will be selling her Yamaha XT250 when her Monkey arrives.
    Hi. When is your wife's Monkey bike supposed to arrive? Just curious because I'm also waiting on one. Thanks

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Getbusylivin View Post
    Hi. When is your wife's Monkey bike supposed to arrive? Just curious because I'm also waiting on one. Thanks
    After talking with several dealers I feel pretty confident in saying the next release of bikes for the east coast is scheduled to leave the Chesapeake, Va. warehouse on May 1st. Other parts of the country might see bikes sooner, but I had several dealers give me that date as the next available shipment here in Pa.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links