Demographics of monkey owners - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Demographics of monkey owners

This is a discussion on Demographics of monkey owners within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; 35 here. I’ve been riding a Ruckus for the last few years to commute to work. I recently moved to a new spot that has ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Demographics of monkey owners

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    35 here. I’ve been riding a Ruckus for the last few years to commute to work. I recently moved to a new spot that has higher speed limits and needed a little more power, so I sold the scooter and got the Monkey. I’ve never wanted a full sized motorcycle and this thing gets talked about constantly at work and gets more looks than the Ruckus did. Better gas mileage, too. I mostly drive about 35-40mph and calculated 144mpg on the first tank! Love this thing.
    Suga Sean, tooter and T Monkey like this.
    Yoshimura RS3 Full Exhaust | MNNTHBX Intake | TB Cam | CJR ECU Flash | MNNTHBX Handlebars | Glowshift Tach | Bar end mirrors | Yoshi tail tidy | Mini turn signals | Shorty levers

This user has no status.

Member #
    Almost 50, riding for 40 years (wow that sounds like a lot of years). Started on a Honda 50. Currently have a KTM 1290, HD Ultra, Husky dual purpose, CT90 and the Monkey. Yeah the Monkey gets ridden the most. Someone asks me about it almost every time I ride it.
    Suga Sean and ikeus685 like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Heading toward 66, life long motorcyclist. I currently have a Triumph 675R, Yamaha MT-07, Kawasaki KLX, my Bultaco 125 Pursang and of course now a Monkey. I am badly wanting a Thruxton but then I keep thinking I really want another Ducati, maybe the new Scramblers or then there is the siren song of the Gixxer 600.
    Suga Sean and ikeus685 like this.
    Swim, Bike, Run, Ride

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
    35 here. I’ve been riding a Ruckus for the last few years to commute to work. I recently moved to a new spot that has higher speed limits and needed a little more power, so I sold the scooter and got the Monkey. I’ve never wanted a full sized motorcycle and this thing gets talked about constantly at work and gets more looks than the Ruckus did. Better gas mileage, too. I mostly drive about 35-40mph and calculated 144mpg on the first tank! Love this thing.
    While I have a Grom, I also enjoyed riding a Ruckus for 4 years...

Demographics of monkey owners-img_0921.jpg

...and appreciate a relatively faster bike with its better gas mileage. My mileage is similar to yours as I ride for daily transportation mostly on rural canyon roads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Demographics of monkey owners-img_0362.jpg  
    Last edited by tooter; 08-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    mrtheandrew and Suga Sean like this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    41 Yrs old from Northern VA (DC Metro area) and just got the banana yellow monkey
    Suga Sean likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    62 here, have been riding since 1971 (48 years? is that possible???), and just bought a red 2019 ABS weekend before last. Have ridden everything from a 1965 Suzuki 80 Hillbilly to a 153hp 2005 Yamaha FZ-1, mostly sportbikes since the mid-eighties, but also as varied as Ducati 900SS, Triumph Bonneville, and Yamaha Turbo. I've typically had 3-4 bikes at any given time, but am now down to the Monkey and a 1980 Yamaha XT250 which is more of a non-ridden collector's item (and currently for sale). Due to some health issues, yet still wanting to take an occasional putt around town, I decided to pick up the Monkey, being light, with a low center of gravity. Even with adjusting to the tiny bit of horsepower, it seems the perfect bike for what I want right now, especially since I really wanted one of these when I was a kid, and never got one!
    Suga Sean, T Monkey and ikeus685 like this.

is Nola mini bikes

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaWeeley View Post
    62 here, have been riding since 1971 (48 years? is that possible???), and just bought a red 2019 ABS weekend before last. Have ridden everything from a 1965 Suzuki 80 Hillbilly to a 153hp 2005 Yamaha FZ-1, mostly sportbikes since the mid-eighties, but also as varied as Ducati 900SS, Triumph Bonneville, and Yamaha Turbo. I've typically had 3-4 bikes at any given time, but am now down to the Monkey and a 1980 Yamaha XT250 which is more of a non-ridden collector's item (and currently for sale). Due to some health issues, yet still wanting to take an occasional putt around town, I decided to pick up the Monkey, being light, with a low center of gravity. Even with adjusting to the tiny bit of horsepower, it seems the perfect bike for what I want right now, especially since I really wanted one of these when I was a kid, and never got one!
    So nice to hear about your passion and enjoment of the little monkey. Hope more good people like yourself feel the same way and purchase one also. Thanks for sharing

is In love with motorcycles since

Member #
    51, riding for +40 years. Live in Mordor (aka Caracas - Venezuela). I ride in some time of my life more that 30 different bikes, from classics to Racing Japanese.
    The Monkey is the final (maybe?) in my garage, accompanying a 2005 Ducati Monster S2R (with multistrada 1000 engine, and other toys), a 2007 Triumph Scrambler, a 1976 Moto Guzzi Hidroconvert 1000, a 2009 HD Nighster and a 2007 Piaggio MP3 (the daily rider, has a huge trunk).
    ikeus685 and Suga Sean like this.

is Puttng the N.W.

Member #
    Always knew Ii was dinasaur material. 68 revolutions round the sun. 1st stated riding a neighbors home bilt mini.. Straight piece of pipe for the handle bars and a push pul controller off a lawn mower for the throttle, and a piece of metal that rubbbed on the rear tire for the rear brake..Soles of you shoes were the othes brakes. Ridden in 5 foreign countries: Mexico, Canada, England, France, Germany. My old XV 920 Yamaha was the largest ridden and 3 hp Briggs and Sratton the smallest
    Suga Sean likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Like ikeus685; I also started riding and having fun on a mini bike. I still have it... and various other motorcycles, as well.

Height: 5'-7"
    Weight: 145

Speaking for myself; having over 50 years of motorcycle experience does not make an expert rider.

Demographics of monkey owners-dsc01715.jpgDemographics of monkey owners-dsc01725.jpg
    -Doug

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links