Honda Grom banner

Demographics of monkey owners

24K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  3crows 
#1 ·
I know many of these smaller 125cc bikes are often considered beginner bikes but I think these bikes tend to attract folks who are trying to get back to the roots of riding.

I've been riding 35 years. (30 street) I've owned everything from the Monkey to 160+ hp super bikes. I currently have 5 bikes and my monkey gets the most usage.

I commute, run errands, and hoon around on back roads with the Monkey. I love it.

this pic was before the tail lights and turn signals.

Attachments

See less See more
#64 ·
57 in 2 weeks time.......time for a funbike! I already have the convertible....
Got myself a (used....2000km) red Monkey a couple of days ago.
Have been riding since I was allowed to.
At the moment I also have 2 Ducati's.

Today I put some Takegawa stuff on the Monkey: exhaust, air filter and oil drain plug to accomodate the oil temp sensor for the Takegawa "Super Multi DN Meter" Instrument Cluster....that's waiting to be mounted.
When the weather improves I'm gonna put some miles on it....but now it's
freezing....

#66 ·
#67 ·
51 years old. Rode Yamaha V-Stars a while ago. Stopped riding about 10 years ago. Had no interest in motorcycles till a buddy got a Monkey about a month ago. What I like about it is that it's not a 400lb beast or some hyper-fast rocket ship. It's just a fun little bike. It doesn't take up much space in the garage and it is very comfortable to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.