Demographics of monkey owners - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Demographics of monkey owners

This is a discussion on Demographics of monkey owners within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Originally Posted by Dan_B OK, you guys pushed me over the edge. I called around and found a dealer with a yellow Monkey a little ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Demographics of monkey owners

is Monkey water skiing, so much
    rain here!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    OK, you guys pushed me over the edge. I called around and found a dealer with a yellow Monkey a little over 2 hours away. I gave them a deposit and will pick it up next week. The few places that have them seem to want several hundred in fees on top of msrp. Luckily I found one without all the freight / setup extra fees.
    Congratulations. I'm glad we could be a positive influence on your life.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm coming up on 40 next month. The Z50 was the first motorcycle I ever rode when I was a kid and when the new Monkey prototype came out I just new I had to have one. In my 20's I owned and recreationally raced two Honda CRR600F4 and CBR600F4i's in the WERA series on the east coast and then I was out of the motorcycle game from 2002 until 2012 or so and I started riding some dirt trails with a Husqvarna WR125. In 2013 I got the itch again and bought a Triumph Street Triple R to do track days with, then when my kids turned 4 I bought them a few of those electric razer dirt/gp bikes which they picked up so fast so we went the whole CRF50/CRF70/KLX110/ route with me buying a CRF230 and a CRF250X to ride with them on. Needless to say my wife and kids bought me a Monkey in banana yellow for my 40th that I picked up last weekend with my daughter, and it is by far the most fun motorcycle I've owned over the years.
    Demographics of monkey owners-img_7363.jpg
    m0nkeyman likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    54 and living in the Florida keys on a sailboat. PERFECT bike for here. I have spent $3k on top of the $3600, yes, that’s right, $3600 for the bike. There was a misunderstanding and my dealer really made it right. I have about 300 miles on her. Ohlins are fantastic, I can take big speed bumps at 45 mph, no prob. Chimera intake, kits I clutch cover, Koso clutch, 5 row oil cooler, 16/32 sprockets, takegawa oil pump, anodizing pipe. Yellow bike. Loving life!!
    Djezspin and m0nkeyman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda monkey View Post
    54 and living in the Florida keys on a sailboat. PERFECT bike for here. I have spent $3k on top of the $3600, yes, that’s right, $3600 for the bike. There was a misunderstanding and my dealer really made it right. I have about 300 miles on her. Ohlins are fantastic, I can take big speed bumps at 45 mph, no prob. Chimera intake, kits I clutch cover, Koso clutch, 5 row oil cooler, 16/32 sprockets, takegawa oil pump, anodizing pipe. Yellow bike. Loving life!!
    That's awesome !! Which Key ?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Vaca key, marathon is the city. In the middle keys.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I know it well . I own a couple of places at the Banyan resort in KeyWest on Whitehead street we go many times a year since its close .Be there in July .You should bring the Monkey down when I m there

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nkeyman View Post
    I know it well . I own a couple of places at the Banyan resort in KeyWest on Whitehead street we go many times a year since its close .Be there in July .You should bring the Monkey down when I m there
    Cool, I’m about to take her across 7 mile, first time since the upgrades. Lots of tourists but not too windy. US1 is perfect for the Monkey. I’m always in race mode. I top out at 5 mph over the speed everyone is running. She’s an excellent bar hopper. I get away with a lot, like the groms. Donuts, burnouts with flying gravel, wheelies, parking on the sidewalk... everyone just laughs.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am 50, and have owned 7 motorcyles before this Monkey. Everything from HD Road Kings, Street glides, Honda Shadows etc, and this may be the most fun bike yet! Just a pure form of fun like the reason I started to ride years ago!
    mumdb1 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    @ DollarBill What an outstanding testimony!!!!! lol
    Last edited by johntrek; 03-30-2019 at 08:41 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Twin City Honda in Crystal City MO has two red that just came in. Had three, but I bought one)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links