Honda Grom banner

Any recent monkey purchases?

7K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  KBK0 
#1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has bought one in the past month or so? I see the YouTube videos have slowed down a bit. I have a deposit on one and was told May 1st. So there's another wave coming in May?

#8 ·
Finally found a yellow one in Northen Colorado after a 5 month search! This was a birthday gift from my wife and kids. I absolutely love it!

Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Yellow Car

Reactions: jimmyboy82
#10 ·
I bought a new BMW in March, but have not had the chance to go to the dealer, 600 miles away, and pick it up. I have the van all set up to go fetch it on Friday and made the mistake of stopping by my local Honda dealer to say hello. Yellow Monkey, the first one I have seen unsold in a dealership, so on a whim I broke out the debit card. They gave me a great deal on it, I know there is very little margin for the dealer. I could have bought a Grom much cheaper, but I'm old so the nostalgia won me over.

#13 ·
I have had a Red monkey on order since mid February here in Australia, we got a shipment of yellow, blue and black Monkeys but no Red, dealership was told the shipment of Red monkeys were delayed till end of May or first week of June, I could have bought any of the other colors but I have an original Red Z50A so that’s why I will wait for a Red one, all our Monkeys here have ABS brakes, I have only seen a couple of Monkeys on the road.

#14 ·
I just bought a red non-ABS Monkey last week in NW Georgia. Several dealers around here had them in stock, but they wanted to add anywhere from $600 to $900 in fees on top of MSRP and tax. The dealer I went to just added a $195 doc fee.

I asked the salesman if the Monkeys had been selling well, and after hesitating he said "Well, I guess we've sold every one we've had." I think sales are slowing down a little on them now. I may pick up another Monkey in the future if used prices come down enough.

#20 ·
Decided to make this thread my introduction as well.
Lesa (my wife) and I purchased a pair of Monkeys this Memorial Day weekend. We have been looking at them every time we stop at Seminole Powersports. Saturday we walked in and there sat two Monkeys. Usually there is only one. One Yellow and one Red/ABS model. Lesa sat down on the Yellow one and I could have sworn there was a grin switch somewhere on the seat! We talked about how much fun they would be to add to our growing collection of bikes. The owner came over and we started a conversation about vintage bikes......anyway I left the conversation and went to the back to pick up parts for a project and when I turned around....no Lesa??
She was in the owner's office beating him up on the price for both Monkeys. We are now the proud owners of them and have had an absolute blast on them so far....all 70+ miles!
Here is a short video of the Monkeys just after delivery. Turn up the volume before viewing and for the younger guys? You will have to look up "The Monkeys" !

#26 ·
Our new Money. I ordered it August of 2018 and the dealer went out of business in October, but they did give our deposit back. I re-ordered from another dealer in took delivery in mid-May. Yellow with no ABS. Turned 101 miles and I did the first oil change today, which I sort of removed the wrong plug, oh, well, Money business I guess. All seems well now.

New to this forum, so hello everybody! We had looked at Grom and while I an quite smitten with the Grom, the Money is something I missed out on as a kid, so we have one now.

J

#27 ·
Our new Money. I ordered it August of 2018 and the dealer went out of business in October, but they did give our deposit back. I re-ordered from another dealer in took delivery in mid-May. Yellow with no ABS. Turned 101 miles and I did the first oil change today, which I sort of removed the wrong plug, oh, well, Money business I guess. All seems well now.

New to this forum, so hello everybody! We had looked at Grom and while I an quite smitten with the Grom, the Money is something I missed out on as a kid, so we have one now.

J
Sad about the dealer. You're not in PA by chance, are you? A local Honda dealer, Kiss Honda, went out of business after being a family owned dealer for the 42 years I've been alive so it was very sad to see it go.

The Monkey will make you feel like a kid again.

#28 ·
No, Wichita, Kansas area. The dealership just refused to change business models from what had worked 30 years ago and as well was over invested and tired of the business and ready to move on. I am a bit perplexed at why it took so long to get Monkeys in the US. I see Groms all over. Heck, yesterday, whilst on my Triumph 675R I passed a pack/heard/flock of Groms going the opposite way, must have been close to a couple of dozen, tearing (relatively speaking) down the road!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.