Any recent monkey purchases? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Any recent monkey purchases?

This is a discussion on Any recent monkey purchases? within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Picked up one a couple weeks ago in Winchester, VA from Timbrook Honda. They had two yellow ones remaining. I snagged the last red ABS ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Any recent monkey purchases?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Picked up one a couple weeks ago in Winchester, VA from Timbrook Honda. They had two yellow ones remaining. I snagged the last red ABS they had.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
    I bought a new BMW in March, but have not had the chance to go to the dealer, 600 miles away, and pick it up. I have the van all set up to go fetch it on Friday and made the mistake of stopping by my local Honda dealer to say hello. Yellow Monkey, the first one I have seen unsold in a dealership, so on a whim I broke out the debit card. They gave me a great deal on it, I know there is very little margin for the dealer. I could have bought a Grom much cheaper, but I'm old so the nostalgia won me over.
    Wow, welcome to the forum. How old are you? I caution guys when they look at it. If you have a spare 4 grand, you are going to want one. Check out the Pimp Chimp!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any recent monkey purchases?-91efa2d5-db23-41bf-ae9f-75e5e44a4f91_1554773022786.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have had a Red monkey on order since mid February here in Australia, we got a shipment of yellow, blue and black Monkeys but no Red, dealership was told the shipment of Red monkeys were delayed till end of May or first week of June, I could have bought any of the other colors but I have an original Red Z50A so that’s why I will wait for a Red one, all our Monkeys here have ABS brakes, I have only seen a couple of Monkeys on the road.
    mumdb1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I just bought a red non-ABS Monkey last week in NW Georgia. Several dealers around here had them in stock, but they wanted to add anywhere from $600 to $900 in fees on top of MSRP and tax. The dealer I went to just added a $195 doc fee.

I asked the salesman if the Monkeys had been selling well, and after hesitating he said "Well, I guess we've sold every one we've had." I think sales are slowing down a little on them now. I may pick up another Monkey in the future if used prices come down enough.
    mumdb1 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I finally got my Yellow Monkey about two weeks ago. What a cool and fun little bike! I've had a deposit down since January. The dealership I got it from is mainly a Harley dealer but sells a good bit of Hondas as well.
    mumdb1 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    There's a sweet blue color coming for 2020!

Any recent monkey purchases?-2020_monkey_600x400_pearlglitteringblue_trans.png

is In love with motorcycles since

Member #

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    There's a sweet blue color coming for 2020!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020_Monkey_600x400_PearlGlitteringBlue_trans.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	80202
    Very nice, will we get the black one?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda monkey View Post
    Very nice, will we get the black one?
    Currently the Honda website is showing the US will get the standard version in blue in 2020 and the ABS version will be red. Those are the only colors shown at the moment and knowing Honda I doubt this will change.

https://powersports.honda.com/2020/monkey.aspx

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Decided to make this thread my introduction as well.
    Lesa (my wife) and I purchased a pair of Monkeys this Memorial Day weekend. We have been looking at them every time we stop at Seminole Powersports. Saturday we walked in and there sat two Monkeys. Usually there is only one. One Yellow and one Red/ABS model. Lesa sat down on the Yellow one and I could have sworn there was a grin switch somewhere on the seat! We talked about how much fun they would be to add to our growing collection of bikes. The owner came over and we started a conversation about vintage bikes......anyway I left the conversation and went to the back to pick up parts for a project and when I turned around....no Lesa??
    She was in the owner's office beating him up on the price for both Monkeys. We are now the proud owners of them and have had an absolute blast on them so far....all 70+ miles!
    Here is a short video of the Monkeys just after delivery. Turn up the volume before viewing and for the younger guys? You will have to look up "The Monkeys" !

T Monkey, redrick, 50-50 and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links