Monkey air filter
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Monkey air filter

This is a discussion on Monkey air filter within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hi all, new to the forum and after some help. Recently picked up my new monkey bike and I知 looking to do a few upgrades. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Monkey air filter

This user has no status.

Member #

Monkey air filter

Hi all, new to the forum and after some help.
    Recently picked up my new monkey bike and I知 looking to do a few upgrades.
    Iv already fitted a Yoshi RS3 FS, now I知 looking to fit a KN air filter.

My question is: Will a KN air filter for a Grom fit in the airbox on the monkey?

I can稚 seem to find a filter specifically for the little primate, other than the RAM intake system, which I知 not too keen on.

Thanks

This user has no status.

Member #
    Unfortunately no the filters are not the same shape, the Grom guys are doing internal mods to air box,there are some threads on that....The Monkey is very similar inside..I'm with you on the looks of the open filter...I don't love the stock box either, but definitely don't care for odd looking intake and open filter look...but it would sure make Yoshi pipe work!!!!...if I had that on my bike,maybe I could live with wired intake!!! Have fun Man!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply, I知 hoping that there will be some filters released in the near future! Think il hold fire until then...
    The pipe sounds awesome but you can tell the bike is still struggling to breathe!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Cool Bananas

Member #
    Look on WeBike. They have the Takegawa High flow air filters for the Monkey. Got mine in December. Works well, easy foam insert to clean. comes with spare foam replacement.
    Monkey air filter-20181231_105313.jpg
    Last edited by markymark0055; 03-20-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: UPLOAD PICTURE
    jimmyboy82 likes this.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....
    Member #
    There’s plenty of do it yourself options, and several shops are selling their Grom intakes for it. Our own Grom intake will fit it as well, but we decided to start from scratch on the Monkey. The good news, is we’re confident it’s a performer, but also the coolest intake we’ve ever done. The bad news, we finalized the design 4 months ago, and are waiting on the production run of the proprietary hoses. It’s a slow process, and I hate slow with a passion. In short, know you have options currently, and something REALLY cool is coming in a couple weeks...😎
    mumdb1, redrick and markymark0055 like this.
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MNNTHBX View Post
    There’s plenty of do it yourself options, and several shops are selling their Grom intakes for it. Our own Grom intake will fit it as well, but we decided to start from scratch on the Monkey. The good news, is we’re confident it’s a performer, but also the coolest intake we’ve ever done. The bad news, we finalized the design 4 months ago, and are waiting on the production run of the proprietary hoses. It’s a slow process, and I hate slow with a passion. In short, know you have options currently, and something REALLY cool is coming in a couple weeks...😎

how far our are the intakes?
    mumdb1 and markymark0055 like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just noticed this on their site:

https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...25-intake-kit/

Looks like they should be out mid-May. The intake looks trick, being tucked up properly under the tank with just a bit of filter showing. That said, for all of its bulbous presence, the factory airbox also hides a lot of unsightly wires and hoses. Not sure if that's a tradeoff in the right direction.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I ordered one. I’ll post pics when it’s in and installed.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by beatle View Post
    Just noticed this on their site:

https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...25-intake-kit/

Looks like they should be out mid-May. The intake looks trick, being tucked up properly under the tank with just a bit of filter showing. That said, for all of its bulbous presence, the factory airbox also hides a lot of unsightly wires and hoses. Not sure if that's a tradeoff in the right direction.
    That looks awesome, but having all those electrics exposed like that makes me nervous if i get caught in the rain.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I wouldn't be so nervous about the electrics since bikes are already built for rain, but it just looks unfinished. Seems like a shroud along with the cone filter would be the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links