The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; I finally had a little time to put my new MNNTHBX front signals on and replace the flasher. It definately cleans the front end up. ...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread

is Monkey water skiing, so much
    rain here!

Member #

I finally had a little time to put my new MNNTHBX front signals on and replace the flasher. It definately cleans the front end up.

Going to try and get the matching taillights done this weekend, it will definately be an upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread-img_20190131_101137_2.jpg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looked at mine longingly, waiting for above freezing temps for a ride! Maybe next week, supposed to be above 50!
    phillybuilt likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mnnthbx Front Signals, “classic” tail conversion w/license plate mount and quick release seat caps.

Djezspin and 50-50 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Installed the z-afm for my koso 170cc kit. Bike runs good. Noticeable power increase. Great bottom end despite the yoshimuira cam. Still hard to get it to idle when the motor is cold
    50-50 likes this.

is doing grom things

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CTmonkey View Post
    Looked at mine longingly, waiting for above freezing temps for a ride! Maybe next week, supposed to be above 50!
    Whereabouts in CT are you? I'm up in the northwest corner

is Figuring out how I can ride
    more

Member #
    Put mine on the trickle charger

is Monkey water skiing, so much
    rain here!

Member #
    Finally had some time this weekend to finish putting my MNNTHBX taillights on the Monkey. No need to post up pics as a few others have posted some. I will say that this unit is small and blends into the bike really well, might be because it sits right next to the black seat, but man is it bright! For those that want to really clean up the rear end of the bike, but keep the rear fender, this is the way to go in my opinion. I was really considering the eurpean taillight setup, but IMHO, I felt it was still distracting. I am really glad I went this way.
    redrick likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUT View Post
    Finally had some time this weekend to finish putting my MNNTHBX taillights on the Monkey. No need to post up pics as a few others have posted some. I will say that this unit is small and blends into the bike really well, might be because it sits right next to the black seat, but man is it bright! For those that want to really clean up the rear end of the bike, but keep the rear fender, this is the way to go in my opinion. I was really considering the eurpean taillight setup, but IMHO, I felt it was still distracting. I am really glad I went this way.
    I’m with you Bucknut. Really happy I went with this kit. To each their own, but I like the very minimalistic look and how it cleans up the entire rear fender.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampass View Post
    Installed the z-afm for my koso 170cc kit. Bike runs good. Noticeable power increase. Great bottom end despite the yoshimuira cam. Still hard to get it to idle when the motor is cold

Experiencing bad pre-detonation. I've spent a fair amount of time tuning with a Bazzaz Afm. Turns out that's not a good solution for BBKs. You cannot pull timing with Bazzaz. So, this weekend I'll go back to the stock piston and cylinder. Not a huge deal. There's something endearing about the lil 125cc engine.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampass View Post
    Experiencing bad pre-detonation. I've spent a fair amount of time tuning with a Bazzaz Afm. Turns out that's not a good solution for BBKs. You cannot pull timing with Bazzaz. So, this weekend I'll go back to the stock piston and cylinder. Not a huge deal. There's something endearing about the lil 125cc engine.
    I wouldn't pull the 170. The Bazzaz will handle the 170, or any kit perfectly. If you're detonating somewhere, it's easy enough to find and cure. The best way is to check the injector duty cycle on a dyno. I'm betting you're running out of injector. A second option is to review your AFM recorded AFRs. That will let you know if you're clearly over the capacity of the injector. Email us a screen shot of the recorded AFRs and we'll help you go through it.
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links