Honda Grom banner

The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread

93K views 317 replies 72 participants last post by  Darmie 
#1 ·
I finally had a little time to put my new MNNTHBX front signals on and replace the flasher. It definately cleans the front end up.

Going to try and get the matching taillights done this weekend, it will definately be an upgrade.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Experiencing bad pre-detonation. I've spent a fair amount of time tuning with a Bazzaz Afm. Turns out that's not a good solution for BBKs. You cannot pull timing with Bazzaz. So, this weekend I'll go back to the stock piston and cylinder. Not a huge deal. There's something endearing about the lil 125cc engine. :)

#7 ·
Finally had some time this weekend to finish putting my MNNTHBX taillights on the Monkey. No need to post up pics as a few others have posted some. I will say that this unit is small and blends into the bike really well, might be because it sits right next to the black seat, but man is it bright! For those that want to really clean up the rear end of the bike, but keep the rear fender, this is the way to go in my opinion. I was really considering the eurpean taillight setup, but IMHO, I felt it was still distracting. I am really glad I went this way.

#12 ·
I'm getting a lot of plus 50s. I'm punting though. Most of my grom/z125 riding buddies are all 125ccs still. I got all "jo jo the idiot circus boy" with the 170 kit and didn't really think it through. I've got a friend who wants the kit so my loss is minor.

You guys are great Greg. I'm going to keep buying stuff as it becomes available. I'm just going to stay small. I've got 4 other bikes to ride anyway. :)

#25 ·
MNNTHBX seat caps, tail plate mount, and forged aluminum shifter in black.

#28 ·
I think it's easier finding neutral since it is directly connected to the shift shaft where the stock one has like 3 linkages for some reason which gives extra play. I don't think it's that much longer if any. I haven't had the chance to ride mine with proper boots on yet as so far I've just ridden around the neighborhoods with my kids. It's a TBParts shifter, here is a pic.
Door handle Handle Hardware accessory Metal

#31 ·
I think it's easier finding neutral since it is directly connected to the shift shaft where the stock one has like 3 linkages for some reason which gives extra play. I don't think it's that much longer if any. I haven't had the chance to ride mine with proper boots on yet as so far I've just ridden around the neighborhoods with my kids. It's a TBParts shifter, here is a pic.
View attachment 79126
Thank you much for that!

I had a chance to do some research and I think I may be keeping the stock setup with the linkage, it turns out the reason honda used this setup is due to the fact that they had some issues with the actual shifter shaft (shaft that sticks out of the motor) breaking off during a fall, leaving you stranded.

I hope someone comes out with a "stock setup" extended shift arm.

Again, I appreciate your help!

#29 ·
Today my daughter and I got the Yoshi installed. My goodness, the internet videos really don't do this thing justice. This is now the best sounding bike I own. It has completely changed the attitude of the Monkey and I love it!
Auto part Suspension part Vehicle Suspension Car

#36 ·
14 tooth sprocket on the ol' banana. It does seem to make a little bit of difference. At 5,000ft the monkey is already down on power a bit here in CO, so every bit helps!

Reactions: Suga Sean
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.