Honda Grom banner

The "What did you do to your Monkey today?" thread

93K views 317 replies 72 participants last post by  Darmie 
#1 ·
I finally had a little time to put my new MNNTHBX front signals on and replace the flasher. It definately cleans the front end up.

Going to try and get the matching taillights done this weekend, it will definately be an upgrade.

Attachments

See less See more
#73 ·
Wow, we have a lot of cool Monkeys and we just got them. The mods are super individualized to the owner. Does anybody like the new fender? I am “all go and no show” but it was cheap and offers a ton of protection. I wanted the down bracket for the stock fender, but this is much cheaper. I like it. I may get it wrapped in yellow chrome or monkey yellow or silver chrome. I may paint a yellow racing stripe on it.

Attachments

#74 ·
What fender is that? It would be real easy to loose some (but hardly all) of the Monkey look and do a cafe racer look with the Monkey or a street scrambler look (high fender for that). Put a mini cafe fairing above the round head lamp Monster style, put the racing stripes on a painted/color matched fender with vinyl. Maybe raise the tank a little to accentuate (and make appear larger) the cafe style instead of the Funky Monkey style.

#75 ·
It is a matte black Grom fender, got it at partsfish for 25 bucks delivered. Tooter showed me. I just want more protection for the oil cooler. I prefer to be all function over form, but it does both.

The Grom has supports in front of and behind both shocks. The Monkey only has a right support and it must differ slightly. I had to fabricate a little bracket. However, I rode it first and cracked it. Also, the nose rubbed a little, so I took a steak knife to it. I will order another and do it correctly.

Funny, all those paint schemes are in the mix. Probably go with 2 fat stripes in Monkey yellow.

Attachments

#78 ·
MNNTHBX got me all squared away and I finally got the Mtake installed which literally took 15min, super easy, and I highly recommend it. Excellent customer service on their part! As far as performance, it definitely changes the sound with the Yoshi full system, and I've actually noticed that off the throttle the sound is not nearly as loud as it used to be which I did not expect. The intake does have a ticking intake sound at idle which takes some getting used to. In terms of performance there is a noticible difference in throttle response and my usual mountain ride I hit 69.2mph instead of 66.9, which isn't huge, but I'm back to stock gearing now, so I should probably do another test with the 14t up front, but I'll probably wait until I get my ECU flash or Bazzazz as I'm in desperate need of a tune now.
Vehicle Auto part Suspension Engine Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Yellow Engine
Text Font Technology Screenshot

Reactions: GdubluG
#86 ·
Went to met my friend in Cupertino this morning for some Thai food and I got on the Lawrence Expressway in Silicon valley heading South/West when i came up on a group of Monkey Bike riders heading some where. Seen the group on Bollinger and Lawrence aound 11:20am. Did a couple of blips and downshift on my Red/white grom as I turned right on Bollinger Rd.

#92 ·
Installed this fender delete from LevelUpEngineering out of Australia. It was exactly what I wanted. Reuses the OEM plate light, has mounting provisions for the plastic fender liner and it tucks under the fender lip. I’m glad I waited until I found the perfect one instead of jumping on a MNNTHBX or one of the Japanese ones.

Attachments

#93 ·
I'm a little behind on updates, but in the past two weeks I've installed the clear OTB black see through cam cover from Hard Racing, installed the monkey horn cover, installed a custom flashed ECU from Cameron Jones Racing, the updated Yoshimura RS3 DB defeater/spark arrestor, and installed the TB cam. Loving the Monkey more and more every day!

Auto part Engine
Auto part Tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Rim

Reactions: T Monkey and 50-50
#96 ·
Reactions: T Monkey and 50-50
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.