Honda Grom banner

Akrapovic Monkey Exhaust

26K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  erazote30 
#1 ·
As the title states looking for any info/pictures on this system.

First saw that this system was now available from a fb post, with not much info otherwise. And I’ve only found one picture on their site.

I really like the stockish’ look of this system utilizing the factory heat shield. I saw Tyga or someone else come up with a similar looking set up, but honestly have never been impressed with the quality of other manufactures exhaust.

I’ve seen the monkey yoshi pipe in person and it’s build quality and and attention to detail are second to none. And I’ve had this exhaust in my shopping cart a few times. I keep holding back because of the very small gap that is now present in which you can see the frame (pretty much where your leg sits when on the bike)

I know this is a very small detail but it bugs me....was hoping the mnnthbx boys might be coming out with a faux frame cover kit to accommodate for the gap.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#9 ·
They do have a huge selection of exhausts for the Grom, from very cheap chinese exhausts to top of the line Japanese stuff but you won't find misleading knockoffs, or at least not something labelled Akrapovic that is not an Akrapovic. If you want knockoffs check eBay, amazon or aliexpress.

Make that a full system and I'd be in. But yeah I can imagine the price will be eye-watering.
My ''local'' Akra dealer has that exhaust for 660$ (for a 125cc stainless slip on...), header for 220$ and heat shield for 170$. Total of 1050$, that's with a 7% discount lol and ex shipping.
Makes the Over Racing Titanium ones seem very cheap.

#6 ·
I don’t mind paying for a quality exhaust. As there is a difference between a name brand and a knock off.

I have had two brothers, fmf and yoshi on a handful of bikes, and all of them are definitely at a different level than a knock off from ebay for half the price.

The beauty of all of this is there are a ton of different options and prices points to fulfill everyone’s needs [emoji106][emoji106]

I’m sure we will continue to see new offerings such as this.

#10 ·

This will be a 2 part exhaust.

The slip-on will be about $560
If you choose to Add the header, that will be about $189 more.

#14 ·

You got it.

#16 ·
Akrapovic just posted on fb another new photo. This photo is seemingly showing the accompanying header pipe (sold as an option) that will delete the cat and make it a full system.

No other details shown.
A few different vendors show these on their website, but availability date now seems to be pushed back until “mid May”

#17 ·
Makes me want to get a grom. (lol)
Notice how the cat delete pipe doubles back on itself when it could just as well gone directly up to the muffler?
Akropovic understands the principle that long exhausts produce more low rpm torque.

#18 ·
I figured their header pipe was going to be a little different and possibly have a loop in it with the angle/loop of the canisters and mid pipe.

Curious if I’ll be able to get an existing Skid plate to fit with this header pipe. It would be nice if everything tucked in and fit without much modification

#25 ·
It looks cool! Any exhaust that keeps the cat will be considerably more quiet. The price with a full header is insane and just out of control.

Maybe they will make a proper one that is a real up pipe like the take or outex exhausts that cost 1/8 the price for a full system and increase ground clearance.

#26 ·
We've sold a hand full of these to our customers over the past 3 weeks, and so far the feedback has been great.

#29 ·
I like the "scrambler" look of this exhaust, but the chrome heat shield against the stainless just doesn't look right at all IMO. The chamber in the Akrapovic header pipe is atrocious and looks so out of place.

The Yoshi is still my favorite because of the bananas and the monkey laser cut into the pieces. Those are just fun little touches and these bikes are all about fun. Plus, it's Yoshi and they are always one of the best sounding exhausts.

#30 · (Edited)
I know what you guys mean about the chrome against the stainless, I may have to add the carbon heat shield in the future. The round resonator adds to the premium sound and build of this exhaust. I am still able to keep it super quiet in low RPM and sneak around the neighborhood without the load drone of an aftermarket exhaust.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.