Honda Grom banner

Euro Spec Lights

38K views 90 replies 30 participants last post by  mingo 
#1 ·
If you are on the fence about doing this it's a must. Changes the entire look of the bike. Here is a side by side Pic of my two monkeys. I've ordered another set up for my Yellow bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See less See more
#4 ·
yeah these are 100x better than the us spec'd lights. I assume you got them from ebay? Thats the only place I've seen them, but I can't justify the price they currently are listed for. Hopefully they start to come down or maybe someone in the US can import some.

#5 ·
That looks really really good. No idea why they made them different in UK vs US?

#6 ·
US dot regulations - total visible area of brake light, light output, reflectors, space between blinkers and rear lamp, size of blinkers etc...

Can't be bothered to look it up but I'm fairly confident that is why - the smaller LED EU and asia spec'd lights don't pass the requirements for on road bikes here in the US. Happens all the time with import vehicles.

#14 ·
Overthinking a fuck... When I crashed with triumph, the insurance did check my bike even if crash were my fault. Thanks God I didn't installed the 190 55 17 not homologated rear Tyre.. Otherwise I were really fucked. If they check your bike and you have certain stuff unhomologated... Insurance pays first then revenge on you next. If you live in Europe. Or do you think thousand euros payed for tuv homologation of modified vehicles are a joke. People mediumly keep bikes stock because they aren't able to get what they can do or not... On my own I risk with any bike.. But I'm also fully aware if they get me.. I'm fucked

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

#21 ·
I paid the 15 for expedited but don't think it helped. I took about a month after I ordered it. It didn't have the flasher which I expected and you will likely need some hardware. I'm also making extensions and adapters for the signals as they are too short and not plug and play - just bullet connectors. I'm still working on getting these on. I broke one of the fender bolts so that will be fun.

#25 ·
Sucks I ordered f rim HRP also and the kit is no way complete like they advertise. I would have rather bought the kit from EBay that was complete AF even a new gasket and acorn nuts guess you get what you pay for......[emoji1742]*[emoji3603]

#26 · (Edited)
I had to buy a relay and some hardware. I got the hardware from 2wheel pros. The part number are in the attachment. Also had to add bullet adapters for the turn signals. View attachment 78370

Worth the savings over the ebay kits?

Sucks I ordered f rim HRP also and the kit is no way complete like they advertise. I would have rather bought the kit from EBay that was complete AF even a new gasket and acorn nuts guess you get what you pay for......[emoji1742]*[emoji3603]

Could you elaborate on this? I understand that the HRP might need some more parts to be installed, but the 'complete' sets on Ebay would run you a few hundred dollars more. I personally wouldn't mind sourcing a flasher, some odd nuts and bolts, and some longer wires for the savings... Am I missing something? What else was missing from the HRP kit that would be worth that much?

Thanks

#34 · (Edited)
couple thoughts here: there are a bunch of parts to add and delete to make this work, plus these guys have never probably seen/swapped an actual US version to European. Everything's new and we all are trying to figure this out looking at parts fiches for the different specs. Also, they are getting this done and sent from Thailand which makes it even more likely that something is missed, or assumed that a screw or tab is there on the US bike to recycle... Heck reading the description on the site left me confused as to what I was actually getting:

"Ok guys so we got the full swap for your US monkey bike models ! This set contains rear tail light + rear turn signals and front turn signals + led relay !!
This kit is OEM from Honda factory in Thailand !! Please pay attention during high demand items will be shipped out within 10 days !!
Lots of extras needed here for the lights swap ! Price is 450$ from complete set !! " (price isn't $450!)

Huh? Maybe a bad google translate?

If these were the guy(s) I'm thinking they are that I met at the crawl, they seemed like good people and I'm sure they aren't trying to snake anyone out of a couple bolts and clips. If this 'kit' contains what I want most - the Honda LEDs and gets me 90% there to an OEM swap (and for alot less than that ebay guy), then I've got no issues sourcing a few common Honda nuts and bolts.

I do understand about expecting it complete when it says complete - but I think its more language and distance etc as opposed to them just trying to get one over.

I'll report back when I get mine - as to whats in the box and what I needed.

#36 ·
I think you are right about the intent. I have had a few email interactions and they have responded quickly. Probably not a big deal but I got two right side rubber spacers for the front. They work but have a small relief that is visible on the left side. One email and the have the other one on the way. They are working on a US warehouse so that may improve things. I’m very happy with the result but was pretty surprised that it wasn’t 100% and required more assembly than I expected. I don’t think they are trying to be sneaky.

#37 ·
I didn't want it to sound like the guy was being deceptive. I, too, took in to account the potential language barrier. However, in very clear and concise English, he said "the kit is 100% complete bolt on and go, you will reuse some of your factory mounting hardware". Which I am completely on board with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.