Euro Spec Lights - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Euro Spec Lights

This is a discussion on Euro Spec Lights within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; I believe you. I just wanted to go on record with what i was told....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Euro Spec Lights

This user has no status.

Member #
    I believe you. I just wanted to go on record with what i was told.

is Monkey water skiing, so much
    rain here!

Member #
    Do you know how to tell when a salesman is lying? His lips are moving. But maybe you will get a complete kit. Keep us posted.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwayne View Post
    I had to buy a relay and some hardware. I got the hardware from 2wheel pros. The part number are in the attachment. Also had to add bullet adapters for the turn signals.Attachment 78370
    What is the harness that you mentioned getting from steady garage in the text message? Did you mean the relay? I just pulled the trigger on this kit, and going to grab the parts you have listed... I already have an LED relay, but trying to understand this harness situation?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kacz; 02-08-2019 at 05:16 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    couple thoughts here: there are a bunch of parts to add and delete to make this work, plus these guys have never probably seen/swapped an actual US version to European. Everything's new and we all are trying to figure this out looking at parts fiches for the different specs. Also, they are getting this done and sent from Thailand which makes it even more likely that something is missed, or assumed that a screw or tab is there on the US bike to recycle... Heck reading the description on the site left me confused as to what I was actually getting:

"Ok guys so we got the full swap for your US monkey bike models ! This set contains rear tail light + rear turn signals and front turn signals + led relay !!
    This kit is OEM from Honda factory in Thailand !! Please pay attention during high demand items will be shipped out within 10 days !!
    Lots of extras needed here for the lights swap ! Price is 450$ from complete set !! " (price isn't $450!)

Huh? Maybe a bad google translate?

If these were the guy(s) I'm thinking they are that I met at the crawl, they seemed like good people and I'm sure they aren't trying to snake anyone out of a couple bolts and clips. If this 'kit' contains what I want most - the Honda LEDs and gets me 90% there to an OEM swap (and for alot less than that ebay guy), then I've got no issues sourcing a few common Honda nuts and bolts.

I do understand about expecting it complete when it says complete - but I think its more language and distance etc as opposed to them just trying to get one over.

I'll report back when I get mine - as to whats in the box and what I needed.
    Last edited by Kacz; 02-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

is making the most of 8 hp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacz View Post
    What is the harness that you mentioned getting from steady garage in the text message? Did you mean the relay? I just pulled the trigger on this kit, and going to grab the parts you have listed... I already have an LED relay, but trying to understand this harness situation?

Thanks

It is is the relay and a short lead that connects the Ed relay to the stock plug.

Member #
    I think you are right about the intent. I have had a few email interactions and they have responded quickly. Probably not a big deal but I got two right side rubber spacers for the front. They work but have a small relief that is visible on the left side. One email and the have the other one on the way. They are working on a US warehouse so that may improve things. I’m very happy with the result but was pretty surprised that it wasn’t 100% and required more assembly than I expected. I don’t think they are trying to be sneaky.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I didn't want it to sound like the guy was being deceptive. I, too, took in to account the potential language barrier. However, in very clear and concise English, he said "the kit is 100% complete bolt on and go, you will reuse some of your factory mounting hardware". Which I am completely on board with.
    adamwayne likes this.

Member #
    The finished result. Well worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Euro Spec Lights-monkey.jpg  
    BUCKNUT likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am stoked. thanks for the picture.
    adamwayne likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm a bit bummed. I got my kit from HRP yesterday and started the install this afternoon. It didn't take long to find all the issues posted here. I thought I'd stop by and see if anyone else had my problem. I can see everyone else has. I will say that Bar from HRP returned all my emails fast. Seems like a straight up outfit, although I was under the impression that the kit was PnP.

Anyone have a link to the non-US model parts fiche so I can see what hardware is needed?

Thanks.

I did find a fiche for the Euro spec tail light.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/hon...5/F_36/2/36587
    Last edited by Gen. Gromamoto; 02-12-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Too many old bikes to list.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links