Honda Grom banner

Monkey vin numbers

17K views 64 replies 49 participants last post by  Bandit 
#1 ·
Let’s see how many they really imported on the first monkey shipment. Post up your last 3 vin numbers and location with color. To see if they only shipped 500 as the dealer told me. And besides who wouldn’t want to know anyway.

#6 ·
My honda rep said 2500 will be in the first year of production... These are going to be crazy hard to get. To give you an idea, the first 2 years of the groms only 4500 came to the states PER year. Supply and demand was insane with us only getting 1 every few months, if that. When the 2017's were released we saw the same issue getting them, went from selling the couple honda shipped us in dec/Jan/Feb, and from MARCH TO OCTOBER we didn't see a single one in 2017. We were ordering 10 per month and getting 0.

#59 ·
Dealers are so out of touch on this Monkey. It's funny really. What I was told was that if they sold a bunch of Grom's they got Monkey's and could get more. If they sold few Grom's they got ONE Monkey.

My dealer had one Red one. He doesn't push the Groms.

It's all in what your passion is.

My Harley dealer asked me recently, does the Big Box Shop dealer down the street ride bikes or just sell them.
What he was asking was is does the owner and the managers and employees ride.
I said, not really.
He said, typically Harley dealership owners are riders.
I've found that to be true.
I usually and the one to tell my dealers about all the new stuff on their bikes. They just don't stay up to date. It's rather funny.
I think they'd like me to come sell for them but I'd take a huge pay cut. No money in bikes.
Gave some thought to becoming a Piaggio dealer and opening up a Moto Plex. May still do that.

#14 ·

Red ...079

#31 ·
Hey Bucknut, picked up mine at all seasons in Wooster on october.27...#322 obviously very close# and in Ohio....I was just curious which dealership, probably by the lake somewhere you got yours and the date of purchace..I think state 8 and dealer in Maumee were only others when I found mine late October...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.