Honda Grom banner

Monkey delivered

8K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  LordSquirrel 
#1 ·
My Monkey was delivered on 16th August. So far I have only had chance to ride it for around 20 miles but that was enough to tell me I’m going to love it. It’s certainly a change from my Crossrunner.

#6 ·
When we got back from Kent M/Cs this afternoon Sue &1 decided to take the monkey for it’s 1st ride.It was only about 20 miles with us swapping between it and the CBF125 roughly halfway round.. At first it strange but by the end of our road I had got the feel of it. The first thing I noticed was how light the clutch is and that the gearbox despite it’s long travel change was smooth. For a new engine the performance was quite peppy and took the bike up to an indicated 50MPH comfortably.I found the seat as comfortable as it looks at least for the sort of distances we are likely to be doing on it. Despite the physical size of the bike I found it comfortable especially as the length of the seat allows you to change position easily.
Looking at the tyres I was bit concerned about the handling but they soon inspired confidence. Surprisingly the suspension was quite effective dealing with anything other than actual potholes efficiently.The instrument panel is a bit cluttered and sometimes a bit awkward to read. The way it winks at you when you switch it on is a bit of a novelty. For a bit Sue led on the CBF and she said the headlight showed up well in her mirrors. Once adjusted the mirrors on the monkey worked well.
One unusual feature on the bike is that it has a built in alarm which also has the feature that if you press a certain button on the fob the bike bleeps at you without turning the alarm off.
Following Sue when it was her turn on the monkey I noticed that the rear light was bright but to mind a little bit too small. The indicators were very effective.
It may be a bit on the expensive side for a 125 but when you look at the features and build quality you can see where the money goes. We certainly don’t begrudge the cost especially as it supplies what we bought it for in bucketfuls which is FUN!!!!!

#10 ·
Congratulations-you are lucky. Nothing here yet n USA

Reactions: MonkeyJim
#13 ·
I received a text message from the dealer onAug 15th saying the my order was in. I put my deposit in the day it was unveiled at the Smokey mountain crawl. So fingers crossed. Funny the dealer had no clue about it until I called them. So hopefully I can get one of the first ones in Louisiana. I ordered a banana yellow non abs. Will hopefully park it next to my Grom.

#37 ·
My local dealer sells them as quick as they come in. Two so far, and no clue when they will actually come in.

#38 ·
My Dealer said they had 6 pre orders and the only one that came in was the yellow I ordered. Said they didn’t think any of the others were showing up any time soon. Hope for the people who pre ordered they get them soon. But it is getting cold here. In the 30s this week.

#39 ·
More or less the same story from my dealer. And the weather is doing the same thing here, so all the Cali and Florida people can laugh at us now. I have a whopping 9 miles on mine, but I wasn't going to pass up on the Monkey when it showed up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.