Honda Grom banner

deposit down

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  BUCKNUT 
#1 ·
Just put my deposit down. Expected around October. Let the wait begin....

#2 · (Edited)
Yep - I have $500 down on a yellow one since day 2 after they were announced for the USA market!

Dealer said I was the 2nd one on the list. SECOND? He apparently was #1. ;P But said I could have the first...

Was also told it would be October.

I found it interesting that only the USA has a model without the front ABS... the yellow one. Was this to get a model slightly cheaper? The yellow just LOOKS RIGHT in my opinion.

Or, was it Honda USA actively thinking it thru. Might be difficult to stunt and do rolling nose wheelies with ABS...

#3 ·
Hmm. I ordered red and requested non ABS. I might have to verify that.

I struggled between yellow and red. I almost told them to give me whichever arrives first. Both are really cool colors. I almost decided to wait on black which I bet will be here next year but I think a bike like this needs a unique color.

I doubt I'll do any stoppies, at least on purpose but figure why pay more for it.

#5 ·
Late breaker!

It appears that Honda USA has updated their website.

They now show the non-ABS version being available in both yellow and red for $3999, and the ABS version being available only in red for $4199.

Not sure if this was a miscommunication by the web developers originally, or a change in strategy by Honda themselves... but there you are.

Personally I'm pretty against ABS. Planning to put knobbies on to give it a semi-offroad purpose.

"Our Anti-Lock Braking System (on the Monkey ABS model) can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or other compromised surfaces. It’s a great choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence."

#10 ·
Placed a deposit on June 15th for a yellow non-ABS. I am stated as being first to do so at the location, and I hope to have word late this month on an official delivery date.

They claim that they will not know when one arrives until the distributor hits the send button, which I find off-putting, but who knows what they have to deal with.

The rumor that I have heard that I resent is that reds would be available in October and Yellows not until December. I hope very much that it's unfounded.

#19 ·
Still waiting on my yellow in Nor Cal. Deposit down since day 2 of announcement. Dealer has really been awesome... keeping me posted every few days... offered me a red and red ABS if I wanted it. Sticking to my guns on the yellow however... which reportedly is available in very few numbers right now. Could be awhile. =(

#20 ·
My dealership stinks.....they have been TERRIBLE with keeping me updated and didn't even know that the Yellow Monkey has no ABS.
I've called them multiple times and they call back 2 days later with no new info.
Unfortunately they're the only dealership within 20 miles that will carry the Monkey.... I'm tempted to just say to hell with it and forgetting the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Update since my September post:

They were allocated two reds in late September, first red appeared out of the crate October 4th. They gave me the opportunity to accept it seeing as I had the first deposit. Sat on it, going to wait for the yellow. Let the guy with the deposit on the red get it the next day.

The second red that was allocated? Hasn't even arrived yet, they said they were still expecting it any day on Saturday (17-Nov).

As patient as I am, what the hell Honda? Will it be a month and a half after the second red comes in that my yellow will? I HAVE seen yellows delivered even in October, so the rumors that yellows are for later sounds fishy. It sounds like people with more clout than my dealer are getting theirs first.

He asked me again if I wanted the second red that comes in. I told him I already bought the yellow helmet, my friend. Tell Honda that you've sold the first yellow that came in since 15 June.

#22 ·
I've had a deposit down on a yellow for 163 days now. Very first deposit at my dealer. Passed on 2 reds that have come in. Not sure why yellow is so hard to get, but when the Grom came out in 2013 - same thing... the reds were plentiful, and black was scarce. I got a red Grom... first in nor cal... and quickly swapped body panels to white from Asia. This obviously isn't an option with the Monkey... and so we wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.