Better seat?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Better seat?

This is a discussion on Better seat? within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Firstly, I searched but this sites search option doesn’t seem to work too well, at least not for me, or the fact that any thread ...

Thread: Better seat?

This user has no status.

Member #

Better seat?

Firstly, I searched but this sites search option doesn’t seem to work too well, at least not for me, or the fact that any thread with the word “seat” in it shows up even if it’s about tires. Anyways,I just hit 200 miles on my 19 and love nearly everything about it, other than the seat. It seems to want to roll me forward and after about 5 miles my rear end is so uncomfortable I end up having to stand up on the pegs for relief. To make this quick and simple, is there anything out there worth the money or do I just suck it up and pay 400 for a Corbin? We don’t have any local upholstery shops so that option is out. I want to be able to go on longer rides but it’s just a god awful uncomfortable seat. I can’t seem to find anything besides “insert China name here” for $100ish or the Corbin at $400. I’ll buy the Corbin if that’s the only feasible option, but thought I’d check here first. Thanks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've got a Corbin, and while I love it, it's heavy and it doesn't use the Honda OEM pan. Another good option is the Seat Concepts foam/cover.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks. I’ll check that one out as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a Seat Concepts and have no complaints.

However, if you do choose to go this route, use a pneumatic stapler to make installation easier.

https://seatconcepts.com/collections...19+hon-grom125
    2018 Grom
    Drow LS 181cc / Koso 4v Head / PCV / WBO2
    Koso 34mm TB / PCX150 FI / Hindle Exhauast / Drow CF Intake with K&N
    Kitaco Clutch cover / SMR 60% Clutch Springs & Plate
    TST Finder Eliminator and Flush Mount Lights

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    I've got a Corbin, and while I love it, it's heavy and it doesn't use the Honda OEM pan. Another good option is the Seat Concepts foam/cover.
    Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but I’m leaning towards the Corbin as I usually like to keep stock parts in case I ever want to put them back on. Did it raise the seat height at all? I’m 5’8 with a short inseam and don’t really want the seat any higher at all if possible. It’s height is perfect as is.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a seat concepts seat and it as well as the Corbin raise the seat height about an inch. I have sat on and ridden both, I like the seat concepts one more because it doesn’t feel as wide as the Corbin seat.

As far as keeping stock parts you could put the stock cover back on at a later date if wanted. It’s just staples.

is a squirrel

Member #
    I have seat concepts as well. Price was a big tipping point for me. Like justin said, it does raise the height slightly, but it is a similar shape to the stock seat, uses the stock pan, and is very comfortable. Unless you have an extremely powerful staple gun, a pneumatic stapler is a must.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 30% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat