TYGA Rear Set Review
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

TYGA Rear Set Review

This is a discussion on TYGA Rear Set Review within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Wanted to share a review on the TYGA rear sets for those of you interested: I literally spent tens of hours researching all the rear ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By farkas

Thread: TYGA Rear Set Review

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #

TYGA Rear Set Review

Wanted to share a review on the TYGA rear sets for those of you interested:

I literally spent tens of hours researching all the rear sets currently on the market, and for what I was looking to spend I was between Driven, Woodcraft, and these TYGAs.

First impression is that these are SOLID. They came to me pre-assembled with some serious hardware using Loctite which is pretty important for rear sets. No guessing how it’s assembled and the directions in the booklet is about as simple as it gets. They appear simple in design but there is tons of adjustment which was a big factor for me. Not to mention, these things got to me quick despite shipping from overseas!

I particularly favored the simple design of these because IMO, more parts means bigger chance of things needing replaced or coming loose. Both Driven and Woodcraft are known to drag brake and shift levers which was a concern for me, but I particularly didn’t like the the swivel design pegs and shifter of the Woodcrafts. Although these don’t have folding shift levers like Driven, I was worried the Driven might be too far back for my preference and I’ve also heard the Driven rear sets back plates have broken just from regular track use without going down. Both the shift and break levers on the TYGA rear sets use two meaty sealed bearings and the quality of the shift linkage and rose joints is great. Personally, I found these to be the best looking of all three because of the carbon fiber heel guard... but what does that matter for racing? Lol.

Overall, these look simple but have tons of adjustment. They’re not overly aggressive like some but they still relocate the pegs in a more than ideal position, and the price is within $30 of the Driven rearsets, which are cheapest that I’ve found on the market right now. Shipping even took less than a week, so I’m extremely happy with my purchase. I’m not affiliated with TYGA in any way but I genuinely do believe they make exceptional parts and their customer support has always been great.

Hopefully this helps those of you in the market who found limited info on these!

Link:
    MSX125 Grom Rear Sets | TYGA-Performance

Last edited by farkas; 06-13-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    David, grommyk, obijuanito and 3 others like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Rising
    GP shift compatible?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I appreciate the pictures and information. Could never find information on them. Looks like I'll be buying some soon!
    Last edited by asume; 06-19-2019 at 05:21 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I've been buying from TYGA since the grom came out in 2014, I think I ordered my gold rims in Dec 2013 before I picked up my first grom in Jan of 2014, TYGA also carries all the OEM plastic for the OG grom and I was able to make my groms all RED and also all Blue before I started mix matching plastic colors. I believe Paul of Tyga was the person that I contacted.

Anyway thanks for the review

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkynrk View Post
    GP shift compatible?
    This set was standard shift, but I think you can order them for GP shift as well- that would be a good question for Paul at TYGA.

Sponsored Links