Bluetooth Device For In Helmet Streaming
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Device For In Helmet Streaming within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; I'm looking for a Bluetooth device to link with my phone, maybe even with an FM tuner, to listen to music. I don't need any ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bluetooth Device For In Helmet Streaming

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

I'm looking for a Bluetooth device to link with my phone, maybe even with an FM tuner, to listen to music. I don't need any communication features. I hate earbuds so those aren't an option. And I want the Bluetooth connection to be reliable.

What are you guys using?

is Between rain storms :-)

Member #
    Odometer
    In for the replies.

I'm an analog guy and only just learned about the Sena Bluetooth comms.

Curious also what people are using but truth be told I like to hear the rush of the wind or the song of the engine.

Moto cyclin' for me is a chance to get away from it all.
    50-50 likes this.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm using the Cardo Packtalk Slim and absolutely love it. Based on what you are looking for I'd be eyeballing the Cardo Freecom 1+. Good luck in the search that will best suit your needs
    50-50 and mikochu like this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've got a Freecom 4+ and really enjoy it. They've been squashing bugs with new firmware updates that seem to come out monthly, so far. Also, after purchasing from Cardo using the lame yammie noob coupon code, I found that Hard Racing has the best price.
    50-50 and Djezspin like this.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Cardo and Sena seem to be the current go-to brands. Both seem to have their own issues. Let me know if you have any issues with yours - dropped Bluetooth connection, comfort, sound or voice issues, battery life, failures, etc.

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    Ive got 4 of these cheapo multi-branded chinese ones.
    https://www.amazon.com/LEXIN-ELECTRO...dp/B00YED8G8C/
    Except its a version which 4 can talk together. Mainly use it for snowmobiling, saves having to get off at crossroads in determining where we want to go.

And I also use it on the bike. Its nice to have some tunes when riding. Not sure on the mic quality when driving at speed, had a friend just think i was on speaker phone, i think. A bit hard to hear others talking at speed, but my bike is pretty loud and could def go for a muffler re-pack.
    As for actual music quality, sounds fine. Again, the bike is noisy, but its sufficiently loud to hear songs over it.

Pros: its cheap. also has FM radio and does intercom.
    Cons: its cheap. The buttons are near impossible to hit when wearing gloves, so i just adjust my music volume by pressing my phone in my pocket.
    Last edited by turpinator; 05-16-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Anybody else?

It seems like voice controls or very large control buttons are a must. I don't want to be fiddling with the side of my helmet trying to get to the next song.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    i have an old school chatterbox duo unit, actually 2 (one as a spare), have had them for 7? years. i get 6? hours music. cant speak to the com feature as i never bothered. buttons are easy and they are built really, really well. clunky ish but pretty bulletproof and easy to work with gloves on. never drops signal, ever.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    I have a Sena (bought in 2017). It connects to my phone really easily. My group of friends all have senas too, and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. To this day we're still not sure how to properly connect...we just button mash till it works. But when it does work, we can communicate really clear. Connection range between riders is good enough. But it someone misses a freeway offramp, they're screwed.

Its strange tho, my music only comes in so loud (not loud enough for freeway riding), but ringtones/voice calls/intercom comes in SUPER loud.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 05-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    I have a Sena (bought in 2017). It connects to my phone really easily. My group of friends all have senas too, and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. To this day we're still not sure how to properly connect...we just button mash till it works. But when it does work, we can communicate really clear. Connection range between riders is good enough. But it someone misses a freeway offramp, they're screwed.

Its strange tho, my music only comes in so loud (not loud enough for freeway riding), but ringtones/voice calls/intercom comes in SUPER loud.
    Connecting to others has always been a pain with Sena, and is the reason I go with Cardo now, much easier.

The battery in my Packtalk slim is actually mounted to the rear of the helmet instead of in the controller like others. I blast tunes daily with it and only plug the unit in for recharge every week or two. Pretty happy with the new Cardo units.
    solidjohnny, 50-50 and GromMuleCa like this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links