Honda Grom Forum

OEM / Aftermarket Plastrics

Thread: OEM / Aftermarket Plastrics

Tags: aftermarket, bodywork, fairings, oem, plastics
  1. tywrite said:

OEM / Aftermarket Plastrics

Hello all!

A buddy and I are going to be purchasing some Groms here in the coming month or so. I need some help trying to locate a FULL set of either OEM or aftermarket fairings. I've found motorcross styled plastics or full-body fairings like a Repsol kit, but I'm just looking for a stock replacement set. I'm wanting to keep the factory plastics and put them away and paint the new ones for a build I want to do, without damaging the factory ones. Before anyone mentions it, I don't want to do Plastidip, thought about it, but not how I want to go about changing the color.

Any leads to reputable websites or personal experiences is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Ty

LordSquirrel said:
    Bikerzbits.com and ebay.

3. 50-50 said:
    https://www.bikebandit.com/ is great for OEM parts and their prices are usually very competitive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Djezspin said:
    https://www.bikebandit.com/ is where I'll be ordering some plastics later today when I get a chance.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

6. Wibbly said:
    there are a bunch of ebay stores in thailand that sell oem bodywork

once you see how cheap it is, you probably won't be so concerned about painting the original ones.

This bike isn't like the big bikes, plastic is dirt cheap

m in sc said:
    true. i have 3 sets of oem bodywork in white, red and black. dirt cheap.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

Djezspin said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    This bike isn't like the big bikes, plastic is dirt cheap
    Not only are they dirt cheap, the factory plastics themselves are cheap, flimsy and fragile. I wouldn't be surprised if some off brand Chinese plastics are of better quality.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Seat Concepts

9. Wibbly said:
    to be fair, everything on the grom is cheap and shitty. it's built to a price point, they spent no extra money anywhere. i can't think of a single part on the bike that looks like they did more than they needed to, it's all junk pretty much. still fun though.

Djezspin said:
    lol, my rectifier bracket decided it didn't want to stay with the bike any longer. I don't think the damn thing was ever removed either, just fell off during a ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    2017 Grom
    Seat Concepts

LordSquirrel said:
    "I must go. My people need me." - your rectifier probably