Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom

This is a discussion on Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; I took the stock mirrors and bent the stems horizontal and now I can see past my shoulders to the road behind me. Also put ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I took the stock mirrors and bent the stems horizontal and now I can see past my shoulders to the road behind me. Also put a convex mirror on the left one for an even wider field of vision.

Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom-gopr0164.jpg

I like them better than bar and mirrors because they don't make the bike any wider so I can still lane split easily.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    I took the stock mirrors and bent the stems horizontal and now I can see past my shoulders to the road behind me. Also put a convex mirror on the left one for an even wider field of vision.

I like them better than bar and mirrors because they don't make the bike any wider so I can still lane split easily.
    What tool did you use to bend them and how did you not scratch them?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by S1930 View Post
    What tool did you use to bend them and how did you not scratch them?
    I removed all the hardware, clamped the bottoms in a vice between two pieces of wood and used a 14 inch Crescent wrench with electrical tape on the jaws to bend them. Man, are they stiff! I put the jaws as close to the original bend as possible and took it slow and gradually bent them to match. Honda should make them this way from the factory as you can see behind you WAY better.

Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom-gopr0113.jpg
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_VFR View Post
    If you ride without Shoulder checking. I am glad you do not ride anywhere remotely close to me or in a group lol. eek. That's asking to get caught and taken out. Thats like riding next to a logging truck for miles. Your asking for it haha. The look is debatable like i said before to each there own like anything else people do. Like stretched groms....ew haha
    I never said I ride without shoulder checking. You read what you wanted to read rather than the words that were actually posted in black and white.

I understand though. You use bar end mirrors, which you think are better looking, so therefore you think you're a better rider!

If you're going to hint that somebody is lesser than you at least use proper grammar. "Your asking for it" Really? "haha" indeed!

Relying on good mirrors and not shoulder checking is a good way to meet your maker. I realize you qualified it with "so much...", but motorcycle mirrors should be used to get a general view of what is around you to see if you even need to shoulder check. If you see a vehicle in your mirror then you may not need to try that lane change, but you should ALWAYS shoulder check (if you don't have some physical restriction/handicap) if you do change lanes.

This is similar to relying on your tachometer to tell you when to shift. My wife is learning to ride and I find her looking at her tac over and over and over again so that she knows when to shift (like six times between first to second gear). I told her that I am going to tape over the tac so that she can't see it until she learns to listen and feel the bike rather than taking her eyes off the road so often. While I do feel that motorcycle mirrors are useful, I also think that riders should always turn their head before changing lanes. Mirrors won't (normally) show you that fast-moving Mustang two lanes over that is about to smear you if you move into the lane he is about to own.

/preach
    Blah, blah, blah is what I read. You took my post and twisted it how you wanted even though you admitted I qualified my post.

WTF is going on with the people on this forum?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post

Blah, blah, blah is what I read.
    I'm sure you did. By the way, your sentence where you mention using proper grammar is grammatically incorrect. It is a sentence fragment and needs a comma and an adverb, such as then.

We all have different wants, needs, and opinions. My post was polite (not attacking), and qualified as an opinion (/preach). We can choose to have intelligent, civil discussions, or we can attack each other like most forums on the Internet. One method is productive, and one is not.

50-50: "You use bar end mirrors, which you think are better looking, so therefore you think you're a better rider!"
    How does one correlate mirror choices with thoughts on riding skills? If I think that I am a worse rider than someone else, what type of mirror should I mount on my Grom?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm sure you did. By the way, your sentence where you mention using proper grammar is grammatically incorrect. It is a sentence fragment and needs a comma and an adverb, such as then.

We all have different wants, needs, and opinions. My post was polite (not attacking), and qualified as an opinion (/preach). We can choose to have intelligent, civil discussions, or we can attack each other like most forums on the Internet. One method is productive, and one is not.

50-50: "You use bar end mirrors, which you think are better looking, so therefore you think you're a better rider!"
    How does one correlate mirror choices with thoughts on riding skills? If I think that I am a worse rider than someone else, what type of mirror should I mount on my Grom?
    No, it isn't a fragment.

The other statement wasn't directed towards you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links