Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom

This is a discussion on Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Thank you sir!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thank you sir!

This user has no status.

Member #
    OK, I got them on and they look great, but I can't see anything but my arms in them. Are you sure the visibility is as good as the stock ones? I will play with them some more, but when I rode it seemed like 80% of the view was blocked for me.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I sat on the bike and played with the mirrors to get the correct position before I tightened the lock nut and then played with the angle of the mirrors until I got them just right. Took me a bit, but I got them setup perfectly for myself. I’m a big guy too, 6ft 250lbs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

MRS
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for this recommendation, the Rebel mirrors are exactly what I'd hope for in a Grom mirror replacement. Stock look, but more tidy, less gangly.

When I unboxed them, I felt like it might've been unnecessary to buy the extra caps, but on closer inspection definitely not! The stock Grom mirrors have much thinner posts than the Rebel mirrors, requiring a wider bore for the hole through the caps. The thicker posts of the Rebel mirrors look so good on the Grom!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom-img_1582.jpg   Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom-img_1583.jpg   Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom-img_1584.jpg  
    50-50 likes this.

is "Working"

Member #
    Odometer
    CRG: Lane Splitter mirrors will be the last mirrors you ever purchase with the best view. Those lollipops look like poo to me. To each there own. As you become a better rider you will realize its much safer to shoulder check then use your mirrors and will find yourself doing that more as you can see more.
    2017 Honda Grom SF
    [ Koso 4v 181 | Koso 34mm TB | Koso Cam | Koso Cam Chain Tensioner | 10hole Injector | Aracer RC1 W/ Wideband | Dinger Intake | Brembo P32s w/ VEE Rotors | Ohlins Suspension | GromFatherz Manual Tensioner, Headstuds, Speed Spacers, Cam Cover | Carbon Fiber Everything | ]

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_VFR View Post
    CRG: Lane Splitter mirrors will be the last mirrors you ever purchase with the best view. Those lollipops look like poo to me. To each there own. As you become a better rider you will realize its much safer to shoulder check then use your mirrors and will find yourself doing that more as you can see more.
    Funny because I think the CRG mirrors look like crap because they're not inline with the bars.

Good mirrors negate the need to look over your shoulder so much...

MRS
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_VFR View Post
    Weird post, homie.
    50-50 likes this.

is "Working"

Member #
    Odometer
    If you ride without Shoulder checking. I am glad you do not ride anywhere remotely close to me or in a group lol. eek. That's asking to get caught and taken out. Thats like riding next to a logging truck for miles. Your asking for it haha. The look is debatable like i said before to each there own like anything else people do. Like stretched groms....ew haha
    2017 Honda Grom SF
    [ Koso 4v 181 | Koso 34mm TB | Koso Cam | Koso Cam Chain Tensioner | 10hole Injector | Aracer RC1 W/ Wideband | Dinger Intake | Brembo P32s w/ VEE Rotors | Ohlins Suspension | GromFatherz Manual Tensioner, Headstuds, Speed Spacers, Cam Cover | Carbon Fiber Everything | ]

is "Working"

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS View Post
    Weird post, homie.
    Cringy weird, dawg.
    2017 Honda Grom SF

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Good mirrors negate the need to look over your shoulder so much...
    Relying on good mirrors and not shoulder checking is a good way to meet your maker. I realize you qualified it with "so much...", but motorcycle mirrors should be used to get a general view of what is around you to see if you even need to shoulder check. If you see a vehicle in your mirror then you may not need to try that lane change, but you should ALWAYS shoulder check (if you don't have some physical restriction/handicap) if you do change lanes.

This is similar to relying on your tachometer to tell you when to shift. My wife is learning to ride and I find her looking at her tac over and over and over again so that she knows when to shift (like six times between first to second gear). I told her that I am going to tape over the tac so that she can't see it until she learns to listen and feel the bike rather than taking her eyes off the road so often. While I do feel that motorcycle mirrors are useful, I also think that riders should always turn their head before changing lanes. Mirrors won't (normally) show you that fast-moving Mustang two lanes over that is about to smear you if you move into the lane he is about to own.

/preach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links