Honda Grom banner

Added Givi A660 Windshield

41K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  feck123 
#1 · (Edited)
In case anyone else is interested, I added a Givi A660 windshield to my Grom. It only has two attachment points.

The shield vibrates a bit at idle, but settles down, once I get my speed up. It does a good job of redirecting the air, up and over my head.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks good. Did you consider any small ( in height ) or sportier windshields ? Also did you lose much speed.
Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
I had the Givi on hand from my Rebel, so I figured I'd put it on there, just to see what it looked like. I was a bit surprised that it looked as good as it did, so I took it out for a spin. I'll get a better idea of its affect on my top speed, when I head into work, this morning.

Update: Couldn't ride in this morning, because the fog was too thick.

#12 ·
So far, it seems like I actually GAINED a couple of mph, with the shield in-place. In the very least, I'm able to attain speeds while sitting up, that I could only previously achieve, while fully tucked. I'm really liking this.

Reactions: Mojomoto
#13 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering how much less wind would you say is hitting you when riding because of this windshield? Are you still using it now? Thank you

#14 ·
Vinnie, i love mine!

I'm not the flexible and ad a are time trying to lay down on tank for a full tuck. I no longer need to do that anymore. I just duck my helmet below the top of windshield and I'm good.

When i installed it, my helmet kept hitting the windshield. I didn't want to scratch either so i position at a very high angle for the time being. it is currently around 80 degrees. i wanna try to get it to 45-70 degrees.

I had a harder time to position it where i wanted because the RBZ doesn't have much extra room on the bars.

Vehicle Auto part Car Motorcycle Windshield

#19 ·
There are a total of 6 bolts that are used to mount the windshield...

You should be able to just loosen two bolts on either the handlebar and they will come off.

I had it initially around 75-80 degrees, but i wanted to try for better airflow. It is around 60-65 tilt currently. I'm limited to position bc the RBZ bars i have on my grom only have about 2" of extra space after the controls and master cylinder reservoir gets in the way as well.

#22 ·
I've got the same A660 windshield and have to agree with the top speed increase and the no need to tuck in.
I get about 2 mph more and reduces fatigue. The high speed handling is not affected. It's a darn good bang for the performance buck and the style does not look out of place on the Grom.

#24 ·
its getting cold up here so was wanting something help me when im trying break in my BBK ..If any you other guys are interested i got the widshield shipped to my door air express--after they took about five days to finally ship--it was here in 2 days by air from italy...pretty good price of 111.00...i think was 50 for ship lol still cheaper than buy here in usa i guess dollar/euro is working for us right now EM LINEAMOTO | Givi - A660

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.