Honda Grom banner

My mod OEM muffler with mod exhaust pipe review and video sound

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CiscoSanJose 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I did mod my OEM muffler to the short version that most have being doing and here is my review.

I already did the mod on the exhaust pipe by removing the CAT and re-welding the cut out cover back on and at the same time I mounted the O2 sensor bung in front of the CAT and used my OEM stock muffler and was very happy with the setup. I did have more get up and go and still have the quiet muffler/stealth mode.

So after cutting out the baffle part of the OEM muffler and installed it on the RED grom with the 170cc BBK and modified head,cam, etc and it was louder than normal and the vibration was like it was going to vibrate parts off the grom.

I did not gain anymore HP or top end using the modified muffler but I did attract more police and car drivers attention.

At the end I did not like the noise, it did give me a headache and ringing in my ear and I removed the modified exhaust.

Here is a little sound clip of my modified OEM exhaust and I tried to form shape it to the original exhaust system.
click icon mouse in pic and video should start

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.