Honda Grom banner

So hard to sell!

5K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Dregali91 
#1 ·
Been trying to sell my 12' ruckus that only has 40 miles on it and I'm getting no luck lol posted on CL All around me and even on cycle trader. Do you think the Grom has just swept the interest of buyers? That's my guess! Thought my ruckus would sell fast during tax return season

#10 ·
it took me over a month to sell my Ruckus .. I had it for sale for $1300 bone stock and very clean .. I had tons of lowballers and mine was the lowest priced on craigslist .. so one day I thought screw it ... I changed my pics and raised the price to $1550 in 2 hours I had a guy come look at it and paid full price .. sometimes things just don't make sense

#14 · (Edited)
When I sold my 1998 TL-1000r which I owned for only 9 months new, my 1999 Hayabusa came in and I had to get rid of my TL so I put it in the paper for $9K and buyers were low balling me so I had two buyers that was interested in the TL and I said first one over with cash takes it away. I guy showed up and said he had $8K cash and would I take it, I had my ex-wife call me up and pretend that she was the other buyer and that he was coming over with $9K cash so I told the guy that the other guy just left the bank with $9K and is coming to buy the TL-1000r so he digs in his pocket and pulls out the other $1K so I counted up the money $9K total signed over the pink slip to him and he was a happy camper and so was I. I lost $1,500 on that deal since I bought the TL for $10,500 new but at lease I got rid of the TL.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and take a lost, not a big lost but just some.

Hey good luck to you.

#15 ·
Sold mine last night for $2100. 2012 with 3300 miles. Granted, it was laced out. Sold it in 3 days (Rhode Island). I had it up for $2300 and he offered $2k. I said $2100 and helped him load it on his truck. I had all the original parts etc. I think I did ok considering I enjoyed it. One ride on the Grom and there was no sellers remorse.

#16 ·
Saw your ad. I'd prob buy it if you were in So Cal.

I've seen a couple near new like that for similar price. I haven't jumped on them because at that price..... I might just go ahead a buy a new one.

I'd kind of like to make payments and keep my cash right now.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

#18 ·
seems like a good price considering.. its probably more about the time of year.. spring/summer this would sell im sure.. hell do u have it listed on TR? ppl always looking for a ruckus over there.. although.. trolls might come out in herds cause its stock 2012 for 2k lol.. GLWS

i bought mine new from a guy who won both a met and ruckus in a contest at a Honda dealer.. so i got both new but not full price :) it stayed stock for awhile but then mod bug hit and well.. rest is history..

#19 ·
actually I think your price is fair. considering the buyer won't have to pay any dealer fees and it's low miles and all stock. it's all about timing I'd wait it out for another month or two at your asking price. once that first day of spring comes you'll have some people with interest in it.

#21 · (Edited)
I'd say wait it out unless you are at a point where you must get rid of it… Be patient!

I sell on CL and ebay often, and my items sometimes sit for a while and then out of the blue 1-3 weeks later you get someone interested.

Like others have said, timing is crucial. Spring will be here this weekend, so you will start getting more eyes on your ruckus soon.

Did you know that CL, allows your to RENEW your listing every 48 hours? Make sure you bump your listings on the weekends.

#22 ·
Yeah I usually bump my ads every other day. What I did was I made a simple ad that just gave the basics and put my price as 2k. I made it seem like they were going to save money on buying a new ruckus because mine only has 40 miles on it and is bone stock. I paid $2,550 for it about a month ago and that was haggling the price down from what the dealer originally wanted. I'm not taking any lower then $1,900 for it and if someone wants it deliver its 2k firm. I know its worth that and I've seen them sell for 2k and having 3,000 miles on them. I'm just going to wait and be patient.

#25 ·
Het Dreg. Here is an idea.... Go marry a woman you don't like. When you guys split she will take it off your hands.

And pretty much everything else. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.