Honda Grom banner

Have 3D printer, can print custom parts if anyone needs :)

12K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  MNNTHBX 
#1 ·
Hey folks- as I keep asking for help with things, I wanted to also offer some help- I have a great 3D printer and TONS of plastic, in many colors. If there's a custom part you need, I can make it, no charge! :) I'd just ask for shipping and cost of the plastic (about 25 cents per cc).

Printer is a Makerbot Replicator 2, can make fairly large prints, though it does best at about 6 x 6 x 6 (inches). Have these colors: neon orange, neon green, neon pink, red, blue, white, black, clear.

Prints are remarkably strong and light! If you have an idea, just ask, I'm happy to help :)

Below are some images of some nerdy stuff I printed out recently :D

Light Technology Visual effect lighting Room Games
Toy Green Plastic Fictional character Action figure
Green Plastic Toy Gun Fictional character

See less See more
#3 ·
looks like theres a need for some opmid temp gauge & afr holders for bikes with clipons. (not for me)

i also was thinking it would be cool to have the side buttons (the discs) have a turn signal incorporated into them somewhat from teh back. i can probably (if i have time) cad one up in SW to give an idea of what i'm talking about.

good stuff. I need to get a printer one of these days.

#4 ·
Then you can finally make up that intake manifold/stack/whatever you wanted to make a year ago!

Whats up with this side button turn signal stuff?

I should really, post my files for the opmid mount for larger handle bars I made too. I even made up one for a PLX display, but after printing it realized it was for the larger ones and not my stock bars. Its currently held on by tape, but cant really drive atm with the studded tires and 60ºF weather we are having. :(

#11 ·
ABS will be affected by direct sunlight on a hot day, especially if it's black. Wont crack, but usually gets disfigured, or warped, depending on what it is. Going thicker helps though.

#10 ·
For the kickstand extender (not exactly sure how it would function/whatever), but you'd probably want PLA or similar as its going to be much harder than ABS anyway. But, as socal has said... It likes to get soft at pretty low temps. I got a roll of PLA+ from Esun a while ago, prints well, but haven't had a chance to use it in a loaded type situation to see how much stronger it is/etc. It prints somewhere between PLA and ABS temps, so id assume its got a higher glass transition temp, but meh.

#22 · (Edited)
Hmmm. I like it. im thinking a horizontal louvers, clip on? or have it fit into bolts that hold the top and bottom plate thing in? Could even make one that incorporated spots for ?60?mm fans for those who feel active cooling is required.

--- mark, or someone with an oil cooler, get me dimensions. mainly just LxWxH. Or model the cooler up for me. ;)

#26 · (Edited)
You can't imagine how much things you can do with that and what a good business you can make just on custom parts for motos and cars. First time, I ordered a big 3D printer from Printer Ink Toner Cartridges and Office Products because I saw on youtube how different mechanics were creating custom parts for their cars. So I decided to do the same. After a month, I started to create parts for all my neighbours and a lot of people from the town. It is very easy to start to make good money when you come with something new in your area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.