ebay oil cooler $39.99 FREE shipping - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

ebay oil cooler $39.99 FREE shipping

This is a discussion on ebay oil cooler $39.99 FREE shipping within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by nnamssorxela Potentially stupid question...Are any of you worried about keeping the oil too cooler with one of the giant coolers? Actually I've ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ebay oil cooler $39.99 FREE shipping

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nnamssorxela View Post
    Potentially stupid question...Are any of you worried about keeping the oil too cooler with one of the giant coolers?
    Actually I've been running a 6 row cooler no problem, but I ran dual coolers before. The dual coolers kept the oil below 200F most all the time and if you're not running afr monitoring it may mask a lean/hot condition as I had a piston failure with oil temps under 200.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nnamssorxela View Post
    Potentially stupid question...Are any of you worried about keeping the oil too cool with one of the giant coolers?
    this is a very good point. it does need to be in operating temp as mentioned above. old six cylinder cars (and i mean old, i own 2) would see excessive cylinder and valve guide wear if the cars ran too cold due to the oil being to 'thick' flow enough. my ducati also has a 'cold oil' warning on the tach for this very reason. fox also make s agood point: oil temp usually does NOT indicate a piston failure is coming, egt is the best way to monitor that, but since we dont run that we can guesstimate by oil temp/afr if you have a gauge.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Worried about oil being cooled down esp at a long ass stop light or heavy traffic and you never use your horn, replace the horn with a electric fan and when you are at a stop light during the summer time and your temps are getting up to 260 F just hit the horn button and let the fan air run over the head and fins. Cheap fix. Make sure you make a mounting bracket for the fan that pointing towards the critical area of the engine such as the head and fins.

Harley had a fix for that
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 02-17-2017 at 10:10 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Got mine....DEF great quality and all the parts too. Good buy

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Got mine....DEF great quality and all the parts too. Good buy
    yep got my third oil cooler also, this one will be used for DIY frame mounting design. I took all the frame around the oil cooler off and I noticed a difference in the wt savings so now I'm trying to figure out a way to mount it like that. I did notice those fins are pretty delicate and bend EZ.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    15000km

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post

Price is right, main thing is getting the engine oil cooled down when on a long ride or WOT. Trick is getting cold or cool air flowing over the cooler even in stop and go traffic esp in States where there is no lane splitting and I think Calif is the only state with a lane splitting law.
    MSX UD ITA likes this.

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    [QUOTE=MSX UD ITA;302913]what do you think about this ?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Quad
    and quote fails again.

Itd be fine, but one of those is really more meant to be used in a natural convection sort of way, like where its tucked up somewhere, and not in the direct flow of air. Not to say you cant use it in moving air, its just that a tube-fin style (think a normal car radiator) is much more efficient in moving air.
    But at the same time, one like this is nice for offroading/etc as you don't have to worry about anything hitting the fragile fins, bending them, and reducing potential to cool.
    MSX UD ITA likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    15000km
    That's a weird heat sink

This user has no status.

Member #
    [QUOTE=turpinator;302945]
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post
    what do you think about this ?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Quad
    and quote fails again.

Itd be fine, but one of those is really more meant to be used in a natural convection sort of way, like where its tucked up somewhere, and not in the direct flow of air. Not to say you cant use it in moving air, its just that a tube-fin style (think a normal car radiator) is much more efficient in moving air.
    But at the same time, one like this is nice for offroading/etc as you don't have to worry about anything hitting the fragile fins, bending them, and reducing potential to cool.

The one i linked two in the second link has a plastic shroud that goes around the whole cooler that would prevent sticks n bigger rocks from hitting the fins. it works well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links