Honda Grom banner

MPG For Finbro 235

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  8701michael 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I live in San Francisco and basically do stop and go riding, when I had stock everything except exhaust, best I got was 104 MPG, motor had 200 miles on it when I swapped out to the Finbro 235,
since I swap to a Finbro 235 with Finbro exhaust I am getting 60 MPG,
This is some serious stop and go riding, uphills,downhills,and stopping after 2 blocks, I''m still breaking it in, have 200 miles on the motor,
I've only gotten into 4th gear less than 4 times, cause not suppose to lug the gears and not go over 7000 RPM during break in,
just curious what others are getting with their Finbro 235?

I really wish there was a Finbro 235 forum or Finbro 235 topic category, there's just no place to get specific info for this motor.
Say anything specific about this motor and I'm happy.
Knowledge is my reward

#2 ·
to get a true reading on your 235 mpg, take a ride from SF along 101 to half moon bay then cut across 92 to Redwood city area and cut across to Central Expressway to Mt View and turn around and head back home to SF. This will give you a true mpg on your 235 plus you will be breaking in your engine.

I've only rode with one 235 grom rider who was getting 80mpg but this was mostly Freeway/Expressway riding and not stop and go. Doesn't matter what cc motorcycle or car or truck you will get less mpg going through stop and go traffic.

Lucky we can split lanes, I do it all the time in Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Jose area even on city streets.

My favorite place to ride my grom in SF is going to Fisherman's wharf and Treasure Island and I ride all the way down there on Hwy 101 cutting across the back side to the Giant's stadium.

Good Luck and ride safe

#5 ·
everybody does. but thats not what hes using it for. im in the same boat with primarily stop and go urban traffic. i don't care about mileage personally but its def 2 different situations. hell one of my old bikes gets 18-20 and im happy about it.. because stock they get around 15. lol

i would guess that he should be getting around 80 in town.

#6 ·
i would guess that he should be getting around 80 in town.
I don't have a BBK, but I did have a 250 Supermoto before my Grom, which is more similar in displacement, I wasn't getting anywhere near 80mpg, but then again, I don't get anywhere near 100+ everyone else seems to get on their Grom either. I ride little cc bikes hard. I was only getting 50-ish MPG on my CRF250L in town.

Reactions: 8701michael
#15 ·
keep in mind you might not be really into the efficient running rpm of the motor during this break-in cycle. give it time i bet it gets better when you start riding differently and things settle in there. might also be a good time to check the valve clearances if it hasnt been done since original build on that bbk. if they are too tight mileage will be way down. .02

#24 ·

Our Finbro 183cc BBK gets around 80-85 mpg.. with 16/32

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.