fuel controller advice - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

fuel controller advice

This is a discussion on fuel controller advice within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; any local exhaust shop can weld a bung on, take the header in and slip the guy 20 bucks. you can get abung at a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: fuel controller advice

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    any local exhaust shop can weld a bung on, take the header in and slip the guy 20 bucks. you can get abung at a parts store. you need to monitor it somewhat for tuning or you are just guessing.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

This user has no status.

Member #
    How do you like thje Aracer plus 2? Could you PM what is needed(o2 bung etc) for this fuel controller?

Quote Originally Posted by humilde_s13 View Post
    Aracer is what I run

#Aracer rc mini plus 2 #Takegawa 181cc #finbro 125cc head #yoshimura cam #koso 34mm tb #finbro 6 hole injector #brocks exhaust
    humilde_s13 likes this.

is bbk woohoo!

Member #
    Odometer

#Aracer rc mini plus 2 #Takegawa 181cc #finbro 125cc head #yoshimura cam #koso 34mm tb #finbro 6 hole injector #brocks exhaust
    Takegawa 181cc
    Finbro head
    Koso 34mm
    Yoshimura cam
    Aracer rc mini plus 2

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Platinum Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    The Bazzaz uses the best sensor in the industry (Bosch4), and the AFM builds spot on maps. The PCV works well too. If you really care about performance, don't take any shortcuts, and use a 18mm bung, along with one of these tuners. You can do things cheaper, but not better...
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

S1K
    This user has no status.

Member #
    You want to do exactly what I'm doing. I went built head, oversized valves, cam, etc… still stock bore. I went Bazzaz but honestly with the Finbro ECU my bazzaz is pretty much a zero map. I haven't needed to do much fueling since i went finbro. Im about to do the koso TB and intake manifold along with fuel line so might need the bazzaz. we shall see.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1K View Post
    You want to do exactly what I'm doing. I went built head, oversized valves, cam, etc… still stock bore. I went Bazzaz but honestly with the Finbro ECU my bazzaz is pretty much a zero map. I haven't needed to do much fueling since i went finbro. Im about to do the koso TB and intake manifold along with fuel line so might need the bazzaz. we shall see.
    post up once you find out, more I read about the finbro it sounds like it just about does it all. do you know what your afr is?

are u running the cold start fix?
    TMGP Sprint #78
    Endurance Team "I Just Wanna Ride" #104

http://texasminigp.com/index.html
    Half the Size Twice the Fun

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    To clarify on MNNTHBX's comment... The Bazzaz uses a Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor (at least, bazzaz's latest autotune module), whereas I believe the WB2 (and PCV) still uses a Bosch LSU 4.2 Lambda sensor. They both do the same thing, however the 4.2 is older and slightly more prone to failure (or something), due to what it uses as a reference for O2 level.

So with this in mind, comparing the two autotune modules (can the Bazzaz hook up a wb gauge?), id go with the bazzaz. If anyone tells you the bazzaz than the PCV is better because it can tune the full range that's completely wrong. The PCV (and autotune/wb2 module) can tune the full range, to hundreds of simultaneously AFRs. The misinformation comes in Dynojet's inability to tell people how to do it (ie ground the stock O2 sensor), and the tons of misinformation out there because no one realized this is what you had to do at the beginning.

HOWEVER... If youre going for power on the stock bore, youll probably need to mess with timing... Which the Bazzaz is unable to do as is, so the PCV wins that one. But maybe a standalone would be better?
    Another point where the PCV wins over the Bazzaz is rev limiter. With the PCV, you can raise it, but the Bazzaz does not allow for this.

And of course, there are all the 'lesser ones' like the EJK and API Tech Piggyback, which are really only adjustable using some screws (trying to emulate a carb?). And theres a finbro one, which is basically a direct swap, and while it tunes itself, it uses sub par AFR monitoring technology, and has 0 user customization. Or, again, you could go to a standalone which should allow for full customizability, however at the cost of price (Aracer mini case) or tuning complexity (API Tech Standalone).

But anyway, figure out what you need to do, each fuel controller has its own advantages and disadvantages.

S1K
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
    post up once you find out, more I read about the finbro it sounds like it just about does it all. do you know what your afr is?

are u running the cold start fix?
    I haven't installed a wideband yet. I was just gonna get it on the dyno to tune if need be. no cold start fix i just start it while its still on the stands in gear and let it roll out on its own and warm up. I like the Bazzaz because i plan on adding the traction control and quick shift with auto-blipper later on down the road for shits n giggles.

is bbk woohoo!

Member #
    Odometer
    I like my set up personally because it's able to incorporate many things into one unit. Example no for temperature gauge or a speedo healer. No need for a laptop. If you wanted you can buy the quick shift separately like every other unit.

Takegawa 181cc
    Finbro head
    Koso 34mm
    Yoshimura cam
    Aracer rc mini plus 2

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    I'm going to do a slight piggy back hijack on this thread. I'm ridiculously uneducated in this department.

Stock bore, full exhaust, and intake, no more plans to anything performance wise to the engine, it sounds like Finbro ECU is a good choice? I don't know how to tune, etc. I could literally plug and play, or am I misunderstanding? Finbro ECU will tune itself to mods like exhaust and intake?
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links