Honda Grom banner

The "What did you do to your Grom today?" thread

750K views 3K replies 587 participants last post by  Vivilacqua1 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd start this as I've seen it on a couple of other forums and seems to be a popular/good idea.
If I've been a bit stupid and there is already a thread like this, feel free to delete.

Anyway, here goes, I'll start the ball rolling....

Today I moved the Horn and fitted my bar end mirror.

Removed horn mounting bracket, folded the other bracket to 90 degrees then re-assembled:

Horn nicely tucked away:

Removed the stock bar end weight, turned up a st/st spacer and fitted my cheap eBay bar end mirror:

I'm currently fabricating some blanking bolts/covers to go in the location of the stock mirrors. Didn't want to see empty threaded holes on the controls.
I'll post some photos tonight when they have been painted and installed.

Sent from my HTC One

See less See more
#11 ·
This morning I fitted my blanking caps to fill up the holes left over from removing my mirrors.
I used an M10x8mm (1.25mm pitch) hex head bolt, turned the head down to half it's thickness, radiused the corners, sprayed them with primer, then matt black.

They may not look the best, but I think they look better than staring down at a pair of threaded holes.

Sent from my HTC One

#17 · (Edited)
I've only fitted the bar end mirror on one side (as the other is on my Zoomer), but visibility is massively increased.
When looking I'm the stock mirrors, 50% of the view was covered by my arms. With the convex bar end mirror I can fully see everything behind me (as well as part of the adjacent lane).
The downsides are that the bar end mirror can make it harder to filter through traffic due to the bars being wider. Also, the convex mirror makes traffic look further behind than it is, giving you a false sense of distance. You'll get used to this though...

Sent from my HTC One

#18 ·
Today I arrived home from work to find that the screw had fallen out of my rear indicator, causing it to drop off.

To remedy this, I switched all the indicator retaining screws for st/st button heads and installed them with a little bit of thread lock.
Try and fall off now! Lol.

Sent from my HTC One

#24 · (Edited)
Had new tyres fitted Michelin power pure sc's, and when I got home new brake/clutch levers had arrived. Auto part Brake Fuel line

So fitted them and took it for a nice 70 miles ride.

edit: and after checking my emails, I see that Red Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Carmine
has been posted today from Tyga Performance. But I'm loving the golden colour the header has gone
Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Fuel line Automotive exterior

Would be a shame to hide it up. Please ignore the dirty engine, got dragged out shopping with the gf so didn';t have time to clean it :(