Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?

This is a discussion on Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan? within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Anyone have experience with these? How does it actually look on the bike? $40 on eBay All the other white under cowls seem to be ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    is pew pew pew
     
    Cheburashka's Avatar
    Member #
    6025
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Foster City, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    339

    Question Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?

    Anyone have experience with these? How does it actually look on the bike?

    $40 on eBay

    Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?-s-l1600.jpg

    All the other white under cowls seem to be $140+..

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    is ordering more parts
     
    NJ_BenzTech's Avatar
    Member #
    5527
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NNJ/GWB
    Posts
    518
    You get what you pay for. It probably will have a terrible finish and fit like $hit if it fits at all. Hardware will be inferior and won't have instructions. I wouldn't do it. Just my 2c
    jtirwin27 likes this.

  3. #3
    Six
    Six is offline
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    Six's Avatar
    Member #
    4787
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    CT/NYC
    Posts
    83
    I bought one last year just to see what it was like. It required a little bit of coaxing with a heatgun to fit perfectly, the mold was a little off, but otherwise fit fine. Hardware works, but the brackets are made of chinesium and will break eventually. I had 2/4 fail before making new ones. Overall, for $40, not bad.
    estallings15 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    is enjoying Grom Life.
     
    Old Goat Ninja's Avatar
    Member #
    6817
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Manteca, Ca
    Posts
    2,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    made of chinesium
    Hahaha, I'm totally stealing this. I've never heard that before.
    ALanS and m in sc like this.
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    is pew pew pew
     
    Cheburashka's Avatar
    Member #
    6025
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Foster City, Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    339
    Bahahhaa @ Chinesium!!

    I think I'd rather spend $100 more and be sure that my hardware won't fail.. Thanks!

    Does anyone have any leads on some inexpensive quality made painted under cowls?

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    FangShui's Avatar
    Member #
    6665
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    Bahahhaa @ Chinesium!!

    I think I'd rather spend $100 more and be sure that my hardware won't fail.. Thanks!

    Does anyone have any leads on some inexpensive quality made painted under cowls?
    I don't have one of the inexpensive ones, but the Petex one I bought is very well made, comes with quality hardware and a heat shield insert. $142.00 on eBay, direct from the maker, PetexShop

    Honda Grom MSX 125 Belly Pan Red Color | eBay

    Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?-ape.jpg

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    is GROMNOMNOM
     
    yallknowme's Avatar
    Member #
    367
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    592
    Loctite is your friend. I would also upgrade the nuts to nyloc where needed.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    5746
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Francisco
    Odometer
    1142
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by FangShui View Post
    I don't have one of the inexpensive ones, but the Petex one I bought is very well made, comes with quality hardware and a heat shield insert. $142.00 on eBay, direct from the maker, PetexShop

    Honda Grom MSX 125 Belly Pan Red Color | eBay

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ape.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	408.5 KB 
ID:	26987
    This is my Petex belly pan, first they sent me 2 left sides, they did send me the right side after I sent them pictures of the 2 left sides, then only 1 heat shield, had to buy roll of heat shield and make my own.
    Half the hardware fell off, I didn't use Loctite, then right side connecting tab breaks and 2 days ago the others side broke off while I'm far from home, belly pan was dragging on the ground, use my foot to hold it up and slowly rode home.
    More Thailand crap, I can write a whole page of parts that either don't fit or fails.

    P.S. They paint the outside white first then they paint the inside black so you will get black over spray on the white paint job, idiots!!!

    Chinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?-petex.jpgChinese eBay Under Cowl/Belly Pan?-petex-2.jpg
    Last edited by 8701michael; 03-20-2017 at 03:09 PM.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    8009
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ND
    Odometer
    700
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by 8701michael View Post
    This is my Petex belly pan, first they sent me 2 left sides, they did send me the right side after I sent them pictures of the 2 left sides, then only 1 heat shield, had to buy roll of heat shield and make my own.
    Half the hardware fell off, I didn't use Loctite, then right side connecting tab breaks and 2 days ago the others side broke off while I'm far from home, belly pan was dragging on the ground, use my foot to hold it up and slowly rode home.
    More Thailand crap, I can write a whole page of parts that either don't fit or fails.

    P.S. They paint the outside white first then they paint the inside black so you will get black over spray on the white paint job, idiots!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Petex.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	53841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Petex 2.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	53849
    Dang! how many miles were on that? I was just looking at the petex ones, if I do get it maybe I will re-enforce those areas somehow.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    5746
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Francisco
    Odometer
    1142
    Posts
    178
    I think I it was less than 200 miles, I put nylon spacers on the outside and inside of the holes and it still broke off.
    If you figure out a way to re-enforce them, let me know and I'll use it on my next belly pan,
    I have an engine support brace and apparently the engine still vibrates so much that it snapped my fender eliminator 3 times, license plate fell off once, lost numerous nuts and bolts and now this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Red Chinese Ebay levers with the Honda Grom logo
    By blue72beetle in forum Parts for Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 03:48 PM
  3. hows your Tyga belly cowl holding up under use?
    By alientestsubject in forum Grom Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 07:34 AM
  4. Wanted: Belly pan, tail tidy, seat/seat cowl
    By Joe90 in forum Parts for Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
  5. Ebay Belly Pan
    By hifixed in forum Grom Pictures/Videos
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM

Search tags for this page

grom chinese bellypan

Click on a term to search for related topics.