Stockton Little99 upcoming trackday
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Stockton Little99 upcoming trackday within the West / West Coast Grom Owners forums, part of the Honda Grom Regional Forums category; Next track day is this 26th, already got 3 maybe 5 groms coming out to go racing! Who else is ready?!...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Stockton Little99 upcoming trackday

This user has no status.

Member #

Next track day is this 26th, already got 3 maybe 5 groms coming out to go racing! Who else is ready?!
    Manimal and MSX UD ITA like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I will probably attend, but not on a Grom. Looking forward to seeing and meeting some of you Grommers there :thumbsup
    2014 Grom (Red)

This user has no status.

Member #
    Track day is next sunday, it's coming fast. $40 gets you out there all day

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is lets ride on saturdays.

Member #
    Odometer
    What time does it start?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I think you can get in at 8 and be on the track by 9!

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    I'll see what I can do about going as a spectator. I don't have riding pants or shoes yet, and still rolling stock tires. I'm definitely not track ready. I have some dirt bike pants that'd work I guess, but still don't have riding shoes/boots. I'll probably wait until next summer for the track to be honest. My overtime season starts in August and that's when I'll be able to start saving up for all that. I'll try to be there. With a wife and kids, my free time is never set in stone haha. There's been a few times I wanted to go and never made it :-(
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

is lets ride on saturdays.

Member #
    Odometer
    I will be a spectator but would like to get a ride going after words.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You don't have to go out in full track gear, last time a friend that was solely into dirt bikes before he got his grom went out in a sweater and regular shoes, of course he wasent hauling ads but he still got the chance to get some real practice at riding on pavement. I would bring the grom even if you plan on just spectating, you never know, the temptation to hit the track may just be too much to resist!

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj510 View Post
    You don't have to go out in full track gear, last time a friend that was solely into dirt bikes before he got his grom went out in a sweater and regular shoes, of course he wasent hauling ads but he still got the chance to get some real practice at riding on pavement. I would bring the grom even if you plan on just spectating, you never know, the temptation to hit the track may just be too much to resist!
    If I go (probably), I'll ride the Grom for sure. Definitely wont ride the track until I have bottom half gear and new tires. I won't ride track on those tires. I had shoulder surgery on February 9th from a dirt bike accident, and I want to minimize any chance of falling on my shoulder. It's a mess in there (in shoulder) and falling on it will make it a million times worse. I'll still ride out there, but not until I have better tires to reduce chances of falling. I definitely want to go watch though. I live close enough to ride the Grom there. I actually work right across the street (literally), and I ride to work almost every day.
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

This user has no status.

Member #
    To those that are interested in attending a track day, have no to not much track experience, I HIGHLY recommend wearing appropriate gear. I don't have a pic of my retired leather suit, but I can tell you it has scuffs all over. You WILL crash. It's not a matter of if, it's when. Part of the learning experience is pushing, learning what your riding limitations are based on your current riding experience, but at the same time, learning what bike you are riding is capable of and understanding it's limitations as well. Trust me, you do NOT want to go down wearing gear that is NOT appropriate for a track environment. Medical bills will be way more expensive than what you would pay wearing the appropriate gear. That said, there is sufficient gear available for those on a tight budget. Moreover, some of the best deals are buying used brand name gear as well.
    Old Goat Ninja and Ven0m0uS like this.
    2014 Grom (Red)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links