Upgraded Timing Chain Tensioner - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Upgraded Timing Chain Tensioner

This is a discussion on Upgraded Timing Chain Tensioner within the Parts for Sale / Wanted forums, part of the Grom Classifieds category; Ah. that's what it was. So I guess the spacer does actually do something then. However, it shouldn't be required if you have the stock ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Upgraded Timing Chain Tensioner

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    Ah. that's what it was. So I guess the spacer does actually do something then. However, it shouldn't be required if you have the stock springs (I guess valve weight may have a minor effect too), basically, right?

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    yeah it just increases preload, that's it.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

This user has no status.

Member #
    yeah i doubt the spring will need changing or a preload spacer. The way my stock wheel looked like after 1k miles of a bbk with finbro valve springs that are close to 2x as stiff as the stock springs and a more aggressive cam its not necessary, the stocker came out with little wear on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    i really think the wear is from the increased revs causing the chain to 'slip' over the wheel and grind it.. not the spring tension. id bet that those that get the most wear are those going over the stock rev limit regularly. like me.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    Gears came in today, arms seem like a week out... Lots of awkward silences when you order 7 of the same part from a dealer, but it sounds like it will take a few days to get them shipped from all across the country.

Cisco, as for the Dalton gear place, duuuh. I cant believe I didn't realize this earlier when I did the first one... its got the Dalton logo right on the sleeve thing that the gear is in. lol.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've been out of the scene for the last year or so but have just gotten back around to rebuilding my engine. Does anyone have experience with the Finbro upgraded wheel? That's what's in my current build but this arm with a real sprocket has me intrigued. Turpinator, any chance you have an extra?

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turpinator View Post
    Gears came in today, arms seem like a week out... Lots of awkward silences when you order 7 of the same part from a dealer, but it sounds like it will take a few days to get them shipped from all across the country.

Cisco, as for the Dalton gear place, duuuh. I cant believe I didn't realize this earlier when I did the first one... its got the Dalton logo right on the sleeve thing that the gear is in. lol.
    waiting for my Kitaco arm to see if the gear sprocket will fit, also I will take measurement to see if I can DIY my second arm with the second sprocket unit that I bought.

Your are removing the blue plastic side sleeves for better oiling like M_in_SC recommended.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 01-14-2017 at 11:21 AM.

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by activ3 View Post
    I've been out of the scene for the last year or so but have just gotten back around to rebuilding my engine. Does anyone have experience with the Finbro upgraded wheel? That's what's in my current build but this arm with a real sprocket has me intrigued. Turpinator, any chance you have an extra?
    I may. I ordered 7 sprockets, so I think i was going to have one left over, but I think someone claimed it. Once the arms come in and I get them made up, ill let you know. I can always make some more later on too.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I got my sprocket ready the other day, pulled the seals and cleaned it out with solvent real good. Also softened/deburred the sharp 90* edges around the gear. Just need my arm now. As for the arm tension. I'm gonna take some measurements and see if I can get close by shaving the pushrod button. Either way my Grom is stock bore/rev limit at the moment. Gonna either go high reving built 125 or 181 v4 in the future. Just getting prerequisites done first.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links