Honda Grom banner

Trolls !!

12K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Scoobs 
#1 ·
Ok so I guess I will be a bit more specific with my next question and hopefully not get as many TROLL's telling me to read through the forum and giving me 0 advice.. Trolls this is the main purpose of a forum.. to ask specific questions and getting proper advice. I have read through the forums but would still like to get an up to date response.
alright so I just purchased a 2017 black grom that I will be picking up in spring, so in the mean time I will be putting on some upgrades that I feel are necessary based on WHAT I HAVE READ THROUGH THE FORUMS, and experienced riding friends grom..
1.) Competition Werks Exhaust
2.) Dyno Jet PC
3.) Cold air intake
4.) Handlebars (pro tap)
5.) maybe Ohlins front and rear suspension

So I have a few questions, what is something basic that I can do to increase my speed... the trolls were saying "Just put a 200+cc engine swap in" lol I am not interested in dropping 2,600 on new motor.
also would an oil cooler make sense ?
New tires ? I heard stock tires blow
Which CAM should I go with in terms of reliability and will it give me much power.. I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to the groms
anything else that you would recommend for relatively inexpensive upgrades that will help me achieve higher power/Top speed.

I am hoping to get answers from people who have had some of these mods ! thanks

See less See more
#33 ·
Free airbox mod, exhaust, reset ecu, ride it for a while and check spark plug.
I too ritch reset one more time ecu, if still too ritch (like my Grom) buy a fuel controler.
Ride for a while check your AFR and plug
You can swap out sprockets also...
After you got this nailed down look at a cam, ported head and SRI
Ride that and keep an eye on AFR
You still think it`s too slow, go big bore...but check out all that is involved about going big cause it cost lots not to know or understand

Reactions: gromlin_no
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.