Honda Grom banner

Kitaco camshaft

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  estallings15 
#1 ·
Hello,
I want t add to my stock grom the Kitaco cam
anyone try this ?
I'm also see there is type 1 and type 2 and i'm not sure what to choose.
Thank you

#2 ·
Per webike,
Type 1 is emphasized to increase power at medium rotation zone and Type 2 is emphasized to increase power at high rotation zone.
It also gives specifics, for type 2, "best torque more than 5 000 rpm or more", and Type 1 is under 5k. So the type 2 is going to give you a higher peak hp, but the type one is probably going to give you more overall usable hp. Depending on your riding and where your RPMs normally are will decided what cam you want (probably the type 2).

#7 ·
You might change to a larger intake tube and possibly a PCX 150 injector to go with the cam. Should run nicely. Just don't forget to reset your ecu after installing the new parts.

What's exhaust are you using?

#9 · (Edited)
Haha, wow. Yeah plenty of flow there.

Edit: Just saw your edit. You can get away without it. Your stock O2 sensor will still do it's job, you'll just be able to deliver more fuel. If you want to richen the mixture you could try the EFIE for something cheap, or spring for an API tech or whatever you like.

#12 ·
That was debated in another thread. I'm guessing that's why you asked. The answer depends on your motor. Everyone's engine is slightly different. You may have enough clearance. Give the motor a couple of turns by hand and see if you hear or feel any interference. You'll probably be fine. If you do have to enlarge the valve relief it's a pretty simple process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.