2.5" rear lowering kit question
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on 2.5" rear lowering kit question within the Grom Gear and Accessories forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Hi, Just installed a rear shock that makes the rear sit about an inch higher so I wanted to bring it back down with a ...

Thread: 2.5" rear lowering kit question

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi,

Just installed a rear shock that makes the rear sit about an inch higher so I wanted to bring it back down with a 2.5" rear lowering kit. The rear shock does not have an external reservoir on it.

I'm looking to get the composimo kit. Questions for anyone who's installed this...

Will it fit with the larger 140 rear tire without a stretch kit?

My sprocket sizes are 16/32. Will that push the rear tire back far enough to clear the kit?

Also, is the additional upper spacer required for just the shocks with the external reservoir?

I'm looking to keep the rear tire hugger. Does it have to be cut out to fit?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I put the 2.5 Mojo on mine I had to cut the hugger to get it to fit....My tire is stock I have an ohlins shock with reservoir. And theres maybe a 1/2 an inch if that of clearance with the stock wheel and tire size. Im not sure with your sprokets. Hopefull the answers part of your question

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the response. I'll get it and try it out and let you guys know if it fits. Otherwise it'll be for sale or I'll just switch back to the stock tire size when I wear it out.

The 16/32 sprockets are geared for a bbk OGN. Might still be a little too early for you haha. Just mentioned it cause I know it puts the chain adjustment back to about the stock position but just wondering if anyone else had the same setup.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gromtech View Post

The 16/32 sprockets are geared for a bbk OGN. Might still be a little too early for you haha. Just mentioned it cause I know it puts the chain adjustment back to about the stock position but just wondering if anyone else had the same setup.
    Definitely too early for me haha. For some retarded reason I was thinking the 1 up and 2 down were offsetting each other lol. This is why I usually don't post until I've had my morning coffee lol. I'm not a morning person
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

This user has no status.

Member #
    2.5" rear lowering kit question-lowering-link.jpg

Just installed the 2.5" kit. 2mm gap between the tire and the shock/kit. Just barely fits. The shock is 255mm. The bike sits about an inch lower than stock now. Have to modify the rear hugger to fit.

Sponsored Links